My new whip.

LethalZ

Established Member
Im not trying to start a fight here or anything, its just that my 03 GT would eat those any day of the week. Im not hating or anything because i dont have the GT anymore , im driving a 2001 Z06 now so why would i care? Its just the truth, the m3 isnt fast but it sure corners like a MOFO. Im gonna have to agree with GrimlokTT horsepower isnt everything.

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
LethalZ said:
Im not trying to start a fight here or anything, its just that my 03 GT would eat those any day of the week. Im not hating or anything because i dont have the GT anymore , im driving a 2001 Z06 now so why would i care? Its just the truth, the m3 isnt fast but it sure corners like a MOFO. Im gonna have to agree with GrimlokTT horsepower isnt everything.

WTF are you smoking? You must be confusing a 330 with an M3, for someone like you who doesnt know much about them, it would be an easy mistake.

Hell, an 03 GT would have a hard time running away from an 5spd e36 m3.

Puff it and pass it please...

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Very nice car pny, do you have much of the warranty left? They can be very problematic. This guy I know on another forum actually got fed up and sold his after 8 months, it was at the dealership more than he actually was able to drive it. Its kinda hit or miss with those cars...

LethalZ

Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
WTF are you smoking? You must be confusing a 330 with an M3, for someone like you who doesnt know much about them, it would be an easy mistake.

Hell, an 03 GT would have a hard time running away from an 5spd e36 m3.

Puff it and pass it please...
hah ok buddy.....i think i know a car when i see one from mile away. The truth hurts. The m3 is awsome for the twisties. But it wont beat a GT which was made to go on the straight. Like i said im not hating or anything. I dont have anything to prove anymore because i dont have the car anymore.

modthispny

Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
Very nice car pny, do you have much of the warranty left? They can be very problematic. This guy I know on another forum actually got fed up and sold his after 8 months, it was at the dealership more than he actually was able to drive it. Its kinda hit or miss with those cars...

ya m3s are hit or miss from what ive heard. i have 2 yrs and abou 23k miles left on the factory warranty. plus maintenance is free too =)

and if ur gt was boosted then id believe u..but a stock gt or bolt-on gt will get owned by a stock e46 m3.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
LethalZ said:
No, actually modthispny, it was bone stock.

Sorry, but with the M3 weighing just slightly more than the GT, and having almost 75hp more, the GT has no chance, EVAR!

I suppose your stock GT was smoking LS1 Camaros and Vettes as well?

modthispny

Established Member
SC ZX3 said:
Sorry, but with the M3 weighing just slightly more than the GT, and having almost 75hp more, the GT has no chance, EVAR!

I suppose your stock GT was smoking LS1 Camaros and Vettes as well?

yup..thats what it comes down to.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
An 03 Mustang Gt has 14s in the quarter, that M3 gets down to 13.3. Ill take the M3 please.

But for 44k I agree with Chuck_Norris and get a used Z06.

noviblown89

Established Member
I always wanted one of those. Until I owned a 525i, now I'll never own another BMW again. Plus everybody young, and old in my yuppie town owns one. I also love thier faces when I own them like they're sittin' still!

GrimlokTT

Established Member
What's the difference b/n an e46 M3 and just an M3? I drove the newer style M3s that looked like yours.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
GrimlokTT said:
What's the difference b/n an e46 M3 and just an M3? I drove the newer style M3s that looked like yours.

E46 means the bodystyle... it refers to the newer, rounded bodystyle. An E36 is the older boxier body style that I believe ran from 92-98 (E36 M3 went from 95-99). Even older is the E30 bodystyle that went from 1984-1991. E30, E36, E46 doesn't just mean M3 either. It refers to the entire bodystle/year of the 3 series model.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
LethalZ said:
hah ok buddy.....i think i know a car when i see one from mile away. The truth hurts. The m3 is awsome for the twisties. But it wont beat a GT which was made to go on the straight. Like i said im not hating or anything. I dont have anything to prove anymore because i dont have the car anymore.

I suspect narcotics usage :nonono:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
SC ZX3 said:

it wasnt that guy that left the rag in place of the oil cap and it got sucked into the motor was it? :dw: :loser:

those cars are badass! i considered an M3 vert for about a minute when shopping for my cobra, till i saw the price tag. the resale value on those is ridiculous! not to mention the cost to mod them. i even looked at e36 4 doors for a DD but even THOSE are expensive still! $20k with high mileage!! we got my ex an 02 325 vert and i was VERY impressed with it. VERY solid car.

btw, Vortech makes a very nice s/c kit for that car :thumbsup:

and i dont buy the bone stock GT beating an E46 M3. it reminds me of a friend of mine. he always has stories about cars he's beaten in his SHO. if he beats that car on the street, he automatically thinks his car is faster than car. regardless of the fact that there are hundreds of variables that could be involved. :bs:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
svt4stv said:
it wasnt that guy that left the rag in place of the oil cap and it got sucked into the motor was it? :dw: :loser:

those cars are badass! i considered an M3 vert for about a minute when shopping for my cobra, till i saw the price tag. the resale value on those is ridiculous! not to mention the cost to mod them. i even looked at e36 4 doors for a DD but even THOSE are expensive still! $20k with high mileage!! we got my ex an 02 325 vert and i was VERY impressed with it. VERY solid car.

btw, Vortech makes a very nice s/c kit for that car :thumbsup:

and i dont buy the bone stock GT beating an E46 M3. it reminds me of a friend of mine. he always has stories about cars he's beaten in his SHO. if he beats that car on the street, he automatically thinks his car is faster than car. regardless of the fact that there are hundreds of variables that could be involved. :bs:

I have an older 735i and when it runs I love it.
As for the Stang GT beating the M3's, LS1's and C6's- watch out you Cobra owners out there, sounds like there is a stock Stang GT that can beat the world. I guess we should warn the Gallardo and S7 owners to watch out as well. Cuz we all know Stock Stang GT's OWN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread