My no pullied Cobra vs "bolt on 03 Z06

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
I will cut right to the chase. (No pun intended). The guy want to do it from a 10 roll. I ok with that because there is never any action in my little town so i will take them however i can get them. We go on the third honk. We both hit it i spin threw first and granny shifted to second to avoid more spin. This gave him enough time to put a car and a half on me. I pull him threw second and third. By this time I am at his door. I am thinking this is a good running vette. After 120 i neither of us was pulling away so i let out of it. At first I thought THIS SUCKS. but after talking to him, the vette wasn't all that stock. He did have a tune and the bolt ons like cold air, etc... I was happy with the outcome. I think if I still had my nittos on it would have been diff. Should have at least made up the 1/2 car lenght. Nice guy good running car. He wins...

For now!:coolman:

Just wanted to share. This was the first time I actualy raced something pretty fast besides my other car. Had fun.

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Sorry if the grammer is off i am tired and about to go to bed and the wife is calling.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Nice run man..I've only seen one redfire around here and it was right near my house(near snellville)

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Not sure were snellville is. I am from Waycross. Is that near you?

jasil

Established Member
God run, but proves my point of street racing and driver error. You have a bolt on 04' that shouldn't trap any higher than 115mph vs a bolt on Z06.

A friend at work took his stock 04' Z06 to the track and ran a 12.45@115mph he then sprayed it and ran a 11.1@126mph. Well, yesterday he ran with a drop in filter, no cats and catback and ran a 11.98@120mph.

Again, great run, but also says alot about the driver too. From my experience you should have lost by a couple of car lengths, but you may have a great running cobra too.

I'm sure it was fun either way.

Users who are viewing this thread