My paxton dyno numbers left me scratching my head.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
So i had a shop install a beefcake special paxton 2200 on my 2014 A6 5.0 last summer with a remote lund tune and I have realized that my numbers seem to be alot lower than many other with similar setups, infact i don't think i've seen anyone as low as me. So i'm just curious what you're thoughts are. I'm on my phone atm so I'll have to wait to upload pics of the dyno sheet. 521whp and 403tq.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
Stock pulley, 8.5 lbs of boost, bbk long tubes, bbk high flow catted xpipe, jlt intake, pypes bomb catback, vortech BAP, DW 1000cc injectors, 16 degrees of timing.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
A dyno is a tuning tool and may be calibrated in many ways. Dyno numbers are not that important. How does it feel? How does it drive? Have you taken it to a track or even done some "spirited driving" with a comparable vehicle?

Bottom line, don't read too deep into numbers.

Zemedici

Established Member
A dyno is a tuning tool and may be calibrated in many ways. Dyno numbers are not that important. How does it feel? How does it drive? Have you taken it to a track or even done some "spirited driving" with a comparable vehicle?

Wise man right here

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
I went to mexico and the most similar car i have raced was a 2014 MT 6 5.0 with stage 3 roush and exhaust. I beat it every time from a 40 roll. I think he has the base tune.

Zemedici

Established Member
I went to mexico and the most similar car i have raced was a 2014 MT 6 5.0 with stage 3 roush and exhaust. I beat it every time from a 40 roll. I think he has the base tune.

Sounds like something was up with the dyno. If you're yanking a roush car then it appears your car makes power :)

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
Sounds like something was up with the dyno. If you're yanking a roush car then it appears your car makes power :)
Yeah I kinda feel that way aswell, but all these posts with cars making minimum 580-600whp has me wondering. I'd like to meet up with one of them and see how things stack up, just to confirm.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
20160916_141716.jpg
[/URL]

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so bring it to a local dynojet dyno and test it. that seems awful low and yes dyno's are simply tuning tools and really only mean shit before and after on the same dyno, same day, same time etc.... but shit that on a Mustang dyno wud read like 360 ft lbs of tq and that wud be weak

what did it make from a base? I'm sure they did a base pull or at least I hope they wud have. but either way the track will tell u wat u mph is and that with the wgt of the car doesn't depend on load or operator error

the car cud simply feel really fast to u cause it simply is a lot faster then it was b4 but u cud be leaving quite a bit of hp on the table by jus going by "Feel"

was this an experienced Mustang shop or at least has experience with similar mustangs like yours? that place u brought it to looks like a general repair shop. not that there cudnt be expert Mustang ppl working in there but nonetheless unless u bring to another dynojet or the track ur just guessing

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
so bring it to a local dynojet dyno and test it. that seems awful low and yes dyno's are simply tuning tools and really only mean shit before and after on the same dyno, same day, same time etc.... but shit that on a Mustang dyno wud read like 360 ft lbs of tq and that wud be weak

what did it make from a base? I'm sure they did a base pull or at least I hope they wud have. but either way the track will tell u wat u mph is and that with the wgt of the car doesn't depend on load or operator error

the car cud simply feel really fast to u cause it simply is a lot faster then it was b4 but u cud be leaving quite a bit of hp on the table by jus going by "Feel"

was this an experienced Mustang shop or at least has experience with similar mustangs like yours? that place u brought it to looks like a general repair shop. not that there cudnt be expert Mustang ppl working in there but nonetheless unless u bring to another dynojet or the track ur just guessing
Yeah, they are experienced. It is where beefcake gets his cars done. He has some of his car in the parkinglot there.

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
Hey guys. They never did a base pull, it would have cost extra dyno time. However, I did order the torque booster package and I will be starting a new thread for when I get it installed next tuesday!

2014Paxton5.0

Established Member
20170503_120233_resized_2.jpg

Sorry for the long wait, I got the torque booster kit and ended up getting some engine knock at 6400 rpms. This dyno sheet reflects that. I ordered a oil separator from bobsautosports to fix the issue. it took a while to get here because it was back ordered. http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Ultimate-2011-14-50-MustangGT-Pass-side-Oil-separator-Ultimate50.htm. Got it installed and I'm not entirely sure if the problem is fixed so I will be re dynoing again. Unfortunately I have to leave town for 17 days starting on the first so I wont be able to do that until I'm back. When the knock is fixed I'm projecting a little over 570whp which would be around 715 to the crank because it is an auto. That would be pretty much the max I wanna run on stock internals.

Users who are viewing this thread