My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Chris for the lowdown. I will say, when I talked with the people at Delacy about some of the cars sitting for a long time prior to transport I was told that this car moved very fast once it was produced, and I take their word for it.

Chris, the other thing I didn't get was the front license plate bracket. I asked them not to drill the front bumper (which they didn't) but I expected to find the bracket in the car somewhere. Does that come through Parts as well or is that usually in the car when it is shipped to the dealer?

Bill - I'm going to have fun with this one but no $6,000 blowers like on the GT500. Track Key, a shifter, and maybe some rims/tires down the road. Thankfully, this car is easily the most beautiful one I've ever owned, by far.

Regarding the loose cable/missing nut under the hood, I asked George from MGW to take a shot of the same area on his. Apparently mine was lightweighted more than his and as such will be a much faster car.

George%20GT350%20underhood.jpg

So the nut helps to fasten the plastic grill while also anchoring one end of the cable. The other end of the cable encircles a plastic push pin. It isn't a ground...so I'm at a loss as to what the heck the cable is for.:shrug:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Maybe something to assist assembly that doesn't really do anything after assembly? Kinda strange place for a strap/cable like that.
Take it off and yours will be even lighter and faster than George's :rockon::lol:

97snakebite

Established Member
Thanks Chris for the lowdown. I will say, when I talked with the people at Delacy about some of the cars sitting for a long time prior to transport I was told that this car moved very fast once it was produced, and I take their word for it.

Chris, the other thing I didn't get was the front license plate bracket. I asked them not to drill the front bumper (which they didn't) but I expected to find the bracket in the car somewhere. Does that come through Parts as well or is that usually in the car when it is shipped to the dealer?

Bill - I'm going to have fun with this one but no $6,000 blowers like on the GT500. Track Key, a shifter, and maybe some rims/tires down the road. Thankfully, this car is easily the most beautiful one I've ever owned, by far.

Regarding the loose cable/missing nut under the hood, I asked George from MGW to take a shot of the same area on his. Apparently mine was lightweighted more than his and as such will be a much faster car.

George%20GT350%20underhood.jpg

So the nut helps to fasten the plastic grill while also anchoring one end of the cable. The other end of the cable encircles a plastic push pin. It isn't a ground...so I'm at a loss as to what the heck the cable is for.:shrug:

maybe its for if the hood insulation starts to fall it keeps it from sitting on the engine?? fire prevention?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
When I got my challenger I too told the dealership to not drill in the front plate bracket.

Just to be safe as soon as the car showed up to the dealer my salesman took the bracket out of the car so that there would not be a fubar. I'll bet this is what they did with yours.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
maybe its for if the hood insulation starts to fall it keeps it from sitting on the engine?? fire prevention?

I don't think so. Look at it again, there's very little cable that could actually support anything. Now I'm wondering if there was some kind of static discharge potential from the blanket - that because of the bonding adhesive Ford uses between the inner and outer layer of the hood that it is indeed some sort of ground that ties the two together.

Why did I not ask this all important question at the Powertrain Reveal? Jeesh! :p

0117161244_HDR_resized.jpg

KBBoss302

Established Member
What a beautiful car, Tob! I love the no stripes look.

Something weird going on at the QC stage of production on the 350s - the first one I saw had ill-fitting side skirts and the fenders/hood weren't lined up right.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You're right. I've been paying attention and I've seen a fairly large number of complaints that I don't remember seeing when the GT500 came out. There are some panel alignment quirks on this car as well, however minor. At least we haven't witnessed any major mechanical mishaps, such as blown engines, or defective clutches - nor do I want to.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

:

Usually it's in the car

Told my dealer not to bothering ordering one for me

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I don't think so. Look at it again, there's very little cable that could actually support anything. Now I'm wondering if there was some kind of static discharge potential from the blanket - that because of the bonding adhesive Ford uses between the inner and outer layer of the hood that it is indeed some sort of ground that ties the two together.

Why did I not ask this all important question at the Powertrain Reveal? Jeesh! :p

I think it's the world's smallest hood pin! It's a safety lanyard to keep the plastic cover on the hood vent from flying off if it's damaged. Something must have happened in track testing, or maybe in crash testing.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
More than likely that cable was used to hold a bag of fasteners or reservoir caps during assembly. Whoever was working under the hood of your car forgot to reattach the heat extractor bolt after they removed the bag. (Or they lost the bolt.)

That's my guess.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
More than likely that cable was used to hold a bag of fasteners or reservoir caps during assembly. Whoever was working under the hood of your car forgot to reattach the heat extractor bolt after they removed the bag. (Or they lost the bolt.)

That's my guess.

Nope. It's a safety cable for the hood vent. Someone just forgot to attach it to that stud with a nut. I can't believe this is still the level of QC on the S550 over a year after its introduction.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Nope. It's a safety cable for the hood vent. Someone just forgot to attach it to that stud with a nut. I can't believe this is still the level of QC on the S550 over a year after its introduction.

Weird. The vent is bolted on. Why have a safety cable, too?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
My car cover came in the trunk with the front splitter
Congrats on the car
Wait till you see what ford sends you later ........

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hope it's a night with Sophia Vergara at some low budget motel but I'll settle for an invitation to the Track Attack along with some swag...

GT350%20Owners%20Supplement.jpg

krt22

Established Member

I was thinking that, but then the vent drops in from the top and is captured by the tab anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread