My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob you magnificent bastard, congrats!

But I am sad in the pants to see the 09 is going away..

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
waiting on the cool articles you are going to write about this car. love the race red/no stripe combo. congrats on the purchase

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
My car cover came in the trunk with the front splitter
Congrats on the car
Wait till you see what ford sends you later ........

I hope it's a night with Sophia Vergara at some low budget motel but I'll settle for an invitation to the Track Attack along with some swag...

GT350%20Owners%20Supplement.jpg

Oh kind of like a Boss owners kit like Ford did 4 years ago ?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Drew.

I got a call from Delacy saying some items for me had come in so I made my way there and met up with my man, Ralph. First up - Delacy's parts department researched and found the missing nut for me. There was a slight discrepancy so they took the road less taken and gave me two nuts so that I'd have the right one. Thanks guys!

0122161423_HDR_resized.jpg

I mentioned to Ralph that I had seen commentary on the forums that the tether cable was also used on Mustang GT's with hoop scoops as well, albeit they were supposedly a little smaller (thanks Travis). We were standing next to a Mustang GT ragtop on the showroom floor so Ralph suggested taking a look, carefully peeling back the blanket so that we could see.

0122161358_HDR_resized.jpg

Sure enough, the cable was there.

0122161359_HDR_resized.jpg

Ralph told me that the car cover that was ordered with the car had arrived at their parts department and had it in his office. I've seen one photo of this cover and it was definitely different than your average store bought one and was glad to see they had it. No time to go to the shop and put it on yet.

0122161423a_HDR_resized.jpg

More when I can.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks Justin.

I'm glad this car was ordered with the cover. It's a nice one. Note the charge on the sticker for it.

_sticker%20crop.jpg

For those that didn't get one but would like to order one on their own, I believe this is what the Parts department specified for my Track Pack car.
http://accessories.ford.com/exterior/covers-and-protectors/kit-11335.html

I'll probably never use the included line to tie the bottom of the cover together as it is pretty tight and form fitting as is.

0122162222_HDR_resized.jpg

0123161607a_HDR_resized.jpg

Before I slipped the cover on I pulled the battery to trickle charge it. I'm not a fan of charging in-vehicle while unattended as there have been a few fire incidents in the past and I don't want any part of that. I'll say this, the car only sat for a few days in the cold and the battery was almost drained. It was very slow cranking and near dead. These batteries are a bit deficient in the cold cranking amp category. The red Optima is for my GT500.

0123161615a_HDR_resized.jpg

0123161549a_HDR_resized.jpg

eagle eye

Established Member
That IS a nice looking factory cover TOB. It appears to be a much better cover than what the 13/14s came with. The stripes and badge makes it.
Great car Tob. Had no idea you were contemplating buying a GT350. Enjoy!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

The cover material is quite a bit different than the one I have on the 500. It is very thin but fits like a perfectly tailored suit.

0123161608_HDR_resized.jpg

I really wasn't considering a GT350. I'm perfectly happy with my '09. But after attending the Powertrain Reveal and inspecting the engine hardware something clicked. And when Jamal blasted through the parking lot at SVT's headquarters and pulled up in a Race Red R model...I was hooked.

The car is a great canvas from which to start and I hope to see more of them here at SVTP.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Not even the gt350 gets hood struts!

There must be some Ford law that states Mustang shall never ever ever get factory hood struts.

tangermean

Established Member
Why would you over complicate something by putting on hood struts? The hood prop rod never fails and is probably lighter than adding brackets and hood struts. I will never understand that mod.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
As blasphemous as it may be, I'll likely be adding hood struts.

I reached out to DSC Sport after seeing mention of them here at SVTP.

_DSC Sport.JPG

After reading about Mag damper sensitivity with respect to potential wheel/tire combinations my curiosity was piqued. I am contemplating more rubber (how could you not when available room exists) and am interested in software/hardware that allows damper adjustment. As DSC puts it...

DSC Sport allows drivers to custom tune their suspension by creating various tuning maps within the DSC Sport Tuning Software. Users may wish to create custom maps for specific tracks or roads, unique rain set ups, or to improve compatibility with other aftermarket products and vehicle setups.

So I wrote them yesterday asking if they had begun development on GT350 hardware and whether or not they had a rough idea on a release date. Jordan Edwards at DSC responded promptly...

_DSC Sport1a.JPG

If anyone else is interested, by all means let them know. Here's their website.

http://www.dscsport.com/

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If the track attack is anything like the ST Octane Academy, you absolutely must go.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My hope is that there will be sessions available after April but I'm going to do my best to make it if there aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread