My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob, any chance that separator can squeeze onto the driver side of your GT500 while its still around?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
On its face I could see making it work. I'll have to leave that one to the next owner, whomever he/she may be.

;-)

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Back on the new brake calipers, what are the key dimensions of the front caliper? C-C distance between the two mounting holes, and the offset from the centerline of the pad pocket to the centerline of the mounting holes?

As for pads, do you know the outline of the pads? Is it the same as the 2014's? What's the distance from the face of the pistons on one side to the face of the pistons on the other side? What's the rotor thickness and annulus depth?

I'll take as many measurements as you can supply and see if there's a match for any of the parts in the Brembo Racing catalog.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'll have to get back to you on much of the data you're asking for. As I sit at my laptop I can offer up somewhat of an eye opener. The GT350 front pad...

_GT350%20front%20pad.jpg

For scale, here's a GT350 front pad next to a '07-'12 GT500 Brembo front pad. Not even close...

Boss%20pad%20and%20GT350%20pad.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Since I have no problem replacing mechanical parts this car I kind of feel the same way about the badging and have a few ideas for something different. Don't get me wrong, the front and rear badges are very well done. Minimalist and sharp. But the side "GT350" badges look out of place to me. So screw it, I'm going to have some fun coming up with something else. I took a few quick measurements of the existing side badges and drew something that will take up almost the same physical space.

I wanted to pay homage to the "voodoo" term that was coined by the engineers at Ford. So along those lines, what do you think?

untitled.155.jpg

That's the first render. I may replace the skull with the top portion of the GT350 snake head but the bottom line is to use a basic black and red color combination. I'm going to contact Billetbadges about it as the work I've seen them do is absolutely first rate.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Tob, I think you made an excellent choice in getting Race Red. I think it looks amazing and I keep going back and forth as to whether I want solid black or Race Red. I've concluded the best combo would be a solid black track pack car and a race red 'R' model, if finances allow it.

Beautiful car man, I bet it looks even better in person. Enjoy

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks for the kind words. I wish you good luck in getting the combination you're looking for.

dom418

Established Member
That is beautiful congrats. She does have a tiny of orange is certain lighting. Takes some pictures of her outside when the weather improves.

AGCSR25

Established Member
Yup. Nice to see it's finally ready. I do like how these blend in well and don't attract much attention.

_GT350%20separators1Tob.jpg
Tob love the race red. I landed up with magnetic with blue stripes. Glad to see FRP tech line was right that they had the driver's side separator for the GT350. I'm torn between Bob's and the FRP since I like the oem look but not sure about having to disconnect separator to empty.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Chris may as well be in Miami with temperatures like that. Mother Nature isn't so cooperative where I am.

Andy, I felt the same way about the FRP separators. The lack of a drain is indeed disappointing. I'd like to think they wanted one but there is wording in some EPA requirement that rubbed Ford legal the wrong way (I'm reaching, I know). If I can make it work, I'll take a look at sketching the sump of each in CAD and seeing if it could be done in billet - with a drain.

AGCSR25

Established Member
Andy, I felt the same way about the FRP separators. The lack of a drain is indeed disappointing. I'd like to think they wanted one but there is wording in some EPA requirement that rubbed Ford legal the wrong way (I'm reaching, I know). If I can make it work, I'll take a look at sketching the sump of each in CAD and seeing if it could be done in billet - with a drain.
That would be awesome! Was wondering if the glass reinforced nylon could be drilled/tapped and a drain fitting added.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've been thinking about that and different ways it could be done. Short of epoxy, a solution would likely end up with an O-ring(s) under compression as a seal and my concern then would be weeping. Then again, there's always a guy with a better idea right around the corner. When I have both in hand I'll see if I can scan/dimension the flange to match the quirky bolt pattern, and the groove for the seal. When I put them in I'll note the best location and direction available for a drain to emanate from.

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Brake hardware

So I guess I'm just as sick as Tob.
Just seems I had to have the R calipers too.
I was looking at Tobs brake hardware pictures and do not see the rear caliper bolts.
I was able to pull all the other part numbers,thanks for that.
Just wondering if you have the PN for the rear caliper mount bolts.
Thanks, Guy

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good eye Guy. This help?

_brake receipt.jpg

Note that I purchased additional hardware that our existing calipers already have, which upped the cost. I wanted pins/clips just in case I damage or lose anything during the swap.

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Part numbers

Thanks Tob!
I just figured that I'd keep my originals complete just in case.
I doubt the local dealers will stock anything for our cars considering the low volume?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Many of the GT350/R service parts are probably going to continually be adjusted upwards in terms of price as time passes by. Unless Ford Racing releases an R model caliper kit these are likely to be some of the lowest prices you'll see.

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Prices

I agree with that.
I'm thinking of picking up front and rear pads too.
A set of rotors probably wouldn't be a bad buy either.

Users who are viewing this thread