My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris may as well be in Miami with temperatures like that. Mother Nature isn't so cooperative where I am.

Andy, I felt the same way about the FRP separators. The lack of a drain is indeed disappointing. I'd like to think they wanted one but there is wording in some EPA requirement that rubbed Ford legal the wrong way (I'm reaching, I know). If I can make it work, I'll take a look at sketching the sump of each in CAD and seeing if it could be done in billet - with a drain.

It's rained all week. Washed most of the salt off the road, so I didn't bother with the transport- drove it home...in traffic, 3 hours to go 40 miles.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So let's hear it - compared to your last 500, what were the voices in your head saying during the drive?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So let's hear it - compared to your last 500, what were the voices in your head saying during the drive?

The best way I can sum it up. This car is more of an athlete, like the 3 sport star, that is just good at everything

The GT500 is the ground and pound running back.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I'll have to get back to you on much of the data you're asking for. As I sit at my laptop I can offer up somewhat of an eye opener. The GT350 front pad...

_GT350%20front%20pad.jpg

Tob - thanks for the pad outline drawing - it's a 190mm pad length, and there are three 190's in the Brembo Racing catalog, although only one looks remotely like it might fit - the B64 pad shape - and it's only a 58mm annulus depth. When I scaled your rendering, it looks like an 80mm annulus depth, so the 58mm pad would leave a 22mm wide ring of rotor face untouched, but that's only if the B64 backing plate lines up with the pad pocket layout. The B64 comes (in the racing catalog) as a 17mm pad thickness including the backing plate, which is the same thickness as the OEM GT500 pad.

So how wide (from piston-face to piston-face) is the pad pocket? Two 17mm pads and a 35mm rotor would make it at least 69mm, or 2.72 inches. The OEM GT350 pads have that massive swept area to deliver long life, so I'm guessing they're not more than 20mm thick.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You'll have to forgive me JAJ. I've been tied up with two dogs, one of which is a 3 month old Great Dane puppy and the other an 8 month old Dane, some really lousy weather, home maintenance, and I made an attempt to install a Bendpak P6 today (but was shorted various fittings etc). I at least had the opportunity to jockey some cars around which meant the 350 moved 100' or so and is now at 5.3 miles.:( Today was a weather anomaly for us as the sun made an appearance and as such I took a few cell shots just to prove it.

0228161244_HDR.jpg

0228161806_HDR.jpg

0228161811b_HDR.jpg

0228161805_HDR.jpg

0228161805b_HDR.jpg

This thing absolutely pops.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm a dog lover. Always have been, always will be. These two, Ruby and Isabel, are the sole reason I'm not out wrenching on this thing. Ruby is 8 months old, Isabel 3 months.

0212161228a_HDR_resized.jpg

0225161351a_HDR_resized.jpg

0218161340a_HDR_resized.jpg

0216160908b_HDR_resized.jpg

0220161217e_HDR2_resized.jpg

Ruby had a sister, Bella, that died when given anesthesia by the Vet when spaying her. I never shed so many tears. After a few months my wife and I agreed to get her another sister. So I traveled back to the breeder to get a pup from the same mother and father. These two hit it off instantly. When they aren't tearing up the house, I'm surfing or here. For now the focus is on training them and it takes up a heck of a lot of time.

Blackvenom12

I Like Snakes
Established Member
Man, I am so sorry to hear about the anesthesia incident. I definitely empathize with you and your wife. Ruby and Isabel are both gorgeous and I'm sure they will be as much fun and compassionate that Bella would have been. Thanks for posting the pics. I will try to dig up so pics of the ole' Ham and post them asap.

As for the Voodoo, I will definitely monitor your build and consult your expertise! Take care Tob.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread