My SHELBY got TOTALED

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
GT500Convert said:
Thats considered bad faith on part of your insurance company. They owe you full replacement cost including tax period!

What happened to the car? Your insurance company will get big bucks for it.

I bought it from Brandon :) and i believe he has bought a vista blue w/white stripes car.

Thanks again brandon

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
this is what iw ould have done, if it were me,
since its totaled, you have the option to buy back the car after the insurance is done with the case, and the bank is paid, you DO have the RIGHT to buy it back. it might cost a bit but it would be worth it,
then get a gt and install all the good parts, ie. engine tranny, what ever interior that was good, dash, all that. then you got almost the same car for less. just me thinking "the project" but it could be done.
hope it all pans out for you!!!!

oh and the insurance is required to replace what ever you have insured, "original equipment" , and if they dont, get a lawyer and they will start working with you for sure, its your right's as a customer.
but in the future, change insurance companys!

bhgkiks

Menace
Established Member
1. Dont forget to demand the sales tax on top of the payment for the replacement of the car.
2. If they tell you to "get on a list" then I would argue that they need to supply you a rental car until that "list" works itself out.
3. They are obligated to 'make you whole'. IF you cannot replace the car for the amount of money they are offering, you are not 'whole'. Plain and simple. If you CAN replace it, but with a different color, then I think they would be successful in arguing that you are being made whole. Demanding a specific color would probably be seen as unreasonable on your part to a court.

Ironhand

Banned
Man, that was a beautiful car. But sue her and get another one. The Black and Blue are my favorite colors on the Shelbys.. Do want you need to do and dont let her dumbass mistake take something away that you waited and worked so hard for..

Also, you might be able to have her charged with Attempted Vehicle Mansloughter.. She was driving drunk and that would qualify under the "Dumbass Rule".

racinskillz101

The New Guy
Established Member
im so sorry man, glad to hear your alright. Sucks about your insurance, that just isnt fair, they should be there to help not agrivate. Hopefully this all gets sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread