My SHELBY got TOTALED

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
off topic: progressive was/is one of the biggest backers of moveon.org is what i heard. i will never have them as my insurance company.

does the insurance industry have the info to see what actuall sale prices have been? it seems to me that 60-65k qoute is going by what what dealers are asking not what they are selling for. arent the ebay bids ending usually in the low 50's? i would think 5-10k over would be more accurate selling price in todays market.

69b302

Established Member
Progressive sucks. I had them in the past and they paid me 1/2 of the repair estimate, on a claim I had. Most insurance companies use body shops they certifiy, and take the estimates from those shops. Progressive does their own estimates(even though they do not repair cars). Then they give you a line like, you'll be able to get it fixed for that. They care nothing about making the car like it was before the accident, but only how to cut corners and make it somewhat presentable and drivable. They really blow, sorry. Lawyer is the right move!

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
LTNBOLT said:
You might want to change out those wornout Drag Radials with the stockers before your insurance adjuster looks at it. Don't give them any ammo since it was only 29 days old.

When originally posted I don't think most people knew exactly what I was implying. I think now you're starting to get the picture.

Years ago when my wife's 87 Grand National was stolen I went through a painful back and forth experience with my insurance company. I was just trying to get our 2 year old mint condition car repaired back to it's original condition. They were trying to offer half price for the two rear tires worn to the wear bars on the inside (donuts) after I supplied them with the receipt showing all four tires were purchased three weeks prior to the theft. The list of crap goes on and on where they tried to screw me or conveniently overlooked paint work that needed to be done. They even used my extended warranty to replace the turbo that was abused during the theft gladly paying the deductable (shady as hell for a huge insurance company).

This same company was good as gold a few years before when a friend totaled my motorcycle. They paid me a good price and the whole experience was painless.

That is why I was giving you the headsup early in this thread. You never know how your insurance company is going to act so be prepared.

I hope it all turns out good for you.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
69b302 said:
Progressive sucks. I had them in the past and they paid me 1/2 of the repair estimate, on a claim I had. Most insurance companies use body shops they certifiy, and take the estimates from those shops. Progressive does their own estimates(even though they do not repair cars). Then they give you a line like, you'll be able to get it fixed for that. They care nothing about making the car like it was before the accident, but only how to cut corners and make it somewhat presentable and drivable. They really blow, sorry. Lawyer is the right move!

Every company does that. I got screwed like that by Nationwide.

They are a business. What you don't understand is that they have an agreement with body shops with how much they'll pay an hour for labor.

You just have to work with them.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
well they decided today that they are totaling the car so i am really happy about that, they are doing a market analysis on it to determine how much they are going to pay me for it and i should know something by the end of the week. so it is looking good for now. atleast i don't have to deal with a messed up car now.

Davidnz

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
well they decided today that they are totaling the car so i am really happy about that, they are doing a market analysis on it to determine how much they are going to pay me for it and i should know something by the end of the week. so it is looking good for now. atleast i don't have to deal with a messed up car now.

:thumbsup: :beer:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
AMEN. Seriously, I would like to see that Allstate bullshit go into play here with the "if you total your new car, we'll buy you a new car" - Haha wouldn't they eat shit if they realized it was a GT500!

Anyways hope you're sitting in another again and you get the REAL fair market value! :)

R1Lello

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

good to hear!! Have you started looking?? knowing that, you can now leave a deposit to hold it. Good luck

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

Good for You. :beer: :rockon:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i have found another but the insur. only wants to give me 54k for mine and the new one is 59k so it is going to cost me 5k to get it, that really pisses me off too. since it wasn't my fault to begin with.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
i have found another but the insur. only wants to give me 54k for mine and the new one is 59k so it is going to cost me 5k to get it, that really pisses me off too. since it wasn't my fault to begin with.

I'm sorry but I dont remember, did you pay sticker for yours ? If so, I would take the 54, and just be patient and wait, and hopefully when you find another for sticker, you'll have made a nice little 8k profit, besides whatever you get out of her in the lawsuit...

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
i have found another

I hope its another bad ass Blue/Tungsten combo.:rockon:

Are you getting anything for your wheels on top of the 54K?
Your situation has made me a much more defensive driver----- which doesnt really help when a dumbass slams you in the rear while you're stopped.:cuss:
Pulling for you.:beer:

ZeroFear

Banned
man who cares about the money after looking at them pics and reading the "50mph hit while sitting at a dead stop". Dude your soooo lucky you arnt part of the wheelchair club right now. If i got out of a crash like that with just a little bit of soreness id be jumping for joy. Prolly wouldn't even care about the car or anything. I know a dude who hit a pole at like 20mph and is now a veg.

Btw i hope you went to the doctor to make sure you didnt get any kind of small back injuries that could progress over the years.

R1Lello

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

I would do three things. 1) Negotiate (fight!!) your Ins. for more unless 54 is the final after a fight, 2) Get your new car now, and 3) Sue her ass for the balance owing

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

why is it all on your insurance to replace your car. i do believe there was a drunk lady involved in the incident. and with her being totally at fault she should be the one having her life turned upside down, paying for your new car! :idea: this is why your lawyer should still be hard at work on your case regardless of what your insurance will cover.

one other question will your insurance premiums go up because of they are paying for this debacle?

Mach1Marauder

Banned
ON D BIT said:
why is it all on your insurance to replace your car. i do believe there was a drunk lady involved in the incident. and with her being totally at fault she should be the one having her life turned upside down, paying for your new car! :idea: this is why your lawyer should still be hard at work on your case regardless of what your insurance will cover.

one other question will your insurance premiums go up because of they are paying for this debacle?
What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Guys, she only had minimal insurance, barely enough to cover a tow bill !!!

In most states you carry Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, this way if someone hits you , like in this case, YOUR insurance makes you whole, then goes after the other party's insurance, or the individual in a civil case.

FEARSNO1's rates should not go up, he was not at fault. But what does suck here is you usually end up fighting your own insurance company to get to an agreeable amount. They don't want to write you a blank check, cause they know they have a slim to none chance of getting it back from theother motorist.

Users who are viewing this thread