My Situation(COBRA)

jmk97GT

Established Member
I'll start with this: I am 17 years old right now.

I have driven pretty much the whole heirarchy of modern mustangs:
96-98 GT (own one)
99-04 GT
05 GT
99/01 Cobra
03-04 Mach 1
03-04 Cobra

Ironically, I've never driven a V6 mustang.

Anyways lets get to the point. I own a GT and its fairly easy to keep under control just dont drive like a TOTAL jackass, I mean this thing wont break loose past 15mph on dry pavement.

The first time I drove a 4v it scared the shit out of me. The throttle response is insane...the thing roasts into 2nd gear. The supercharged 4v was just insane...it scared the hell out of me when I drove it...I mean this thing looses traction so easily you dont even notice sometimes.

Personally, and this coming from someone your age, I dont think you'd have too much of an issue skipping over the GT phase and going ahead and buying an N/A 4v. They are powerful, but not TOO powerful. Its up to yourself whether you think you're ready for the S/C Cobra. Personally I feel confident that I could right now (of course money is a different story :)) but you just have to know when and when not to push its limits.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
yeah thats what ive been thinkin, is to test drive someones cobra so i know at least what im getting myself into. But to be honest, i dont know anyone that has a cobra, or anyone that will be willingly enough to let me drive their baby. And all the cobras at the dealership, they want you to fill all the applications out and make sure your gonna buy the car in order for your to get a test drive

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
I got my 97 GT when I was 20, and it felt SO fast to me after coming from V6 taurus' and stuff. I loved it for a while but then it felt slow.

Got the cobra now which is MUCH faster, but even it is *beginning* to feel slow (which is quickly draining my bank account to counter act it).

You will adapt to whatever you get, so just be safe and get what you can afford.

2K3BRA

Established Member
I got mine when I was 19, sometimes wish I haden't of though. But its okay now, I love this car to death! :) Watch credit cards though, I went into some debt when I was 18 on my GT (supercharger, bolt ons...etc...) that was 390 rwhp, not the 03 is at 445 rwhp running 11's its pretty sweet. But the $650 car payment sucks ass. I make good money now for my age but I don't know what I was thinking when I made like 15k (during college) a year and got this car! 21 now and loving this car! :)

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i went from a 63 HP 4 cylinder ford aspire to a 400 rwhp '03 cobra @ 19 and i was fine lol

Users who are viewing this thread