My sneaky wife.... & Official: What'd you get for Christmas thread

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Coolness, I'd have loved to seen the look on your face when you opened up the door and saw the seat and harness's in there!

Happy New Year!

Anthony
He walked around the car for 30mins before he figured out the car had a new seat in it!! Duuhhh! Everyone was standing around waiting for him to figure it out!:pepper: :pepper: You could not see the look on his face, he already had his helmet on!

I hope you guys know how lucky you are to have wifes that support your addiction. My wife hates my hobby. I asked for a Cordless Craftsman Lithium impact driver. Didn't get it. Asked for a Sibkens poster for the basement bar. Nope! Good thing I didn't ask for raceseats or suspension stuff.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
He walked around the car for 30mins before he figured out the car had a new seat in it!! Duuhhh! Everyone was standing around waiting for him to figure it out!:pepper: :pepper: You could not see the look on his face, he already had his helmet on!

:lol:

bobosfocus said:
I hope you guys know how lucky you are to have wifes that support your addiction. My wife hates my hobby. I asked for a Cordless Craftsman Lithium impact driver. Didn't get it. Asked for a Sibkens poster for the basement bar. Nope! Good thing I didn't ask for raceseats of suspension stuff.

I definitely know how lucky I am, Ive seen what its like to have a wife or g/f that doesnt care to be at the track. It's not fun at all. Better luck next year. :beer:

Kinda of a funny story... Before I met my wife I was dating this other girl, as I was talking to her about the mods I wanted to do to my car and my hopes of getting on track soon, she interupted me and said "I dont really care about cars, I just like to shop" :dw: I told my wife (g/f at the time) about this and from then on when I would be talking about cars she would mockingly say "I dont care, I just like to shop"
We went to MAM for a race and the guys are all down working on the race car. She comes over to me with this big grin on her face. I ask her whats up and she said all the other guys wives/girl friends are up in the stands bitching about being at the track and then one said "I dont really care about cars, I just like to shop!!" She said she about busted up laughing at hearing this other girl say that too!! :D

'03 Sonic Blue

"So blue you can hear it"
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
:lol:
It's not fun at all. Better luck next year. :beer:

:lol: Bob's getting a different wife this year (or each year)???

My wife supports the addiction and comes to all of the events. She usually feeds a good percentage of attendees, also. (She's the one always trying to get y'all to eat cookies) In the last couple of years, I've gotten a race suit, chatterbox, hot lap timer, and numerous tire rack gift certs. When friends want to know what I want for my birthday or Christmas she tells them tire rack gift certs. Before we got the enclosed trailer a couple of years ago, she drove the support vehicle full of tires, tools, etc. We have a spare bedroom dedicated (mostly) to tires (hers too), parts and AX stuff.

She likes cars, but will readily admit that she knows very little about them. The younger guys at our region's AX events haven't really caught onto this. They come up to her and start telling her about the mods they've planned/done on their cars. She'll act real supportive and say something like. "Oh, I bet you really like that!" when she knows nothing of which they speak.

--Mike

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Yea Mike, that might get kinda expensive! A new wife every year. Great idea though. Please tell your wife "thank you" for all the goodies she has been bringing to the tracks over the last several years! Just don't leave her at home this year!::nono::banana:

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
He walked around the car for 30mins before he figured out the car had a new seat in it!! Duuhhh!

It was pretty funny !!:lol: Where are the clueless smilies when you need one ?! :-D

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
Please tell your wife "thank you" for all the goodies she has been bringing to the tracks over the last several years! Just don't leave her at home this year!::nono::banana:

+1

She makes some delicious treats. :thumbsup:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
You are o ne lucky dude Tony! .... My wife did something similar for me last year ... We were at Gingerman for an all weekend event ...

The sneaky little lady gave her set of keys to a couple of real real well known track goody guys. I came over Sunday morning to get in my car for the first session and to my surprise there was a new Recaro Pole Postion racing seat and 6 point harness waiting for me ...

I was totally clueless .... All the guys and the wifey thought it was hilarious!

What we should have done to that car.........:nonono:

I couldn't believe it took you so long to figure it out!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
What we should have done to that car.........:nonono:

I couldn't believe it took you so long to figure it out!

Can't say I'm not focused . . . LOL!

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
Can't say I'm not focused . . . LOL!

Add gas, check the tires, wipe off dew. I have another word that comes to mind.....oblivious!! Hah Hah!:lol: :lol:

One item in Ricks defense, his windows are very tinted.

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
One item in Ricks defense, his windows are very tinted.

Errr, ummmm, yeah .... yeah that's the ticket. My windows are tinted so dark that I could not see the brand spanking new jet black seat installed.

That's my story and I am sticking with it :-D

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Hhhhmmmmm... I for one don't buy it!

I think you were so giddy to get your Sunday track time in you didn't even give the car a once over before hoping in!

Although you never did question the rather large group of people standing in front of your car watching you get ready to go out which is something I still don't understand...... :eek:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Hhhhmmmmm... I for one don't buy it!

I think you were so giddy to get your Sunday track time in you didn't even give the car a once over before hoping in!

Although you never did question the rather large group of people standing in front of your car watching you get ready to go out which is something I still don't understand...... :eek:

He just thought that since he drove so well on Saturday that the "Jack Rabbit" fan club had grown in size!:lol: :lol: Just a little inside humor for DUUHH man!:lol1:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
bobosfocus said:
He just thought that since he drove so well on Saturday that the "Jack Rabbit" fan club had grown in size!:lol: :lol: Just a little inside humor for DUUHH man!:lol1:

What a bunch of comedians you and Mark are! I am going to trade in my racing wheels and start basket weaving or something ! :)

I love it !!

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
You guys are lucky. My wife enrolled me in a gourmet cheese of the month club for a christmas gift...

:(

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
TroyV said:
You guys are lucky. My wife enrolled me in a gourmet cheese of the month club for a christmas gift...

:(

Enroll her in the wine of the month club!!:banana: At the least, if she drinks enough you get lucky!! You can use the excuse "I wanted something to go with the cheese!":thumbsup:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
..and now it doubles as a Halloween costume next year.

LOL, that was gonna be my costume this past year. I was going to get the helmet, firesuit, gloves and shoes from our school's formula SAE team for a costume. Of course, they took it for testing the weekend before halloween so I didn't get to use it. Had a helmet and a fire jacket on. Not the same effect.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread