My sneaky wife.... & Official: What'd you get for Christmas thread

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Since we've got so many stops to make tomorrow and Christmas day the wife and I opened a few of our presents today. I had one big box under the tree, that I didnt know what it was. I had an idea but wasn't 100% sure. That's the one I picked to open this morning. Inside was the Simpson double layer Nomex driving suit that I need for my upcoming first season racing along with a pair of Simpson guantlet driving gloves. I was floored when she told me she just went into my Summit account and clicked "go to checkout" on all the stuff that I had in my shopping cart. Sneaky... Sneaky... :banana:

Many pics soon to come.... as I got her a digital camera for Christmas.

weddingpic1.jpg

Yeah, Im a lucky bastard. :D

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I am getting a new chip and a tune on the 99 Cobra sometime in January... running pig rich right now in the 10-10.5:1 area at some points. We need to clean it up, flatten out the curves and it should gain another 30-40hp.

My wife will be getting a new roll bar for her vert.

LOL, no jewelry for us!!!!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I wouldn't have it any other color.

In the werks....
home made cool suit :coolman:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Id thought about that, this will certainly follow the KISS rule. I need to see how they fit under my arms when Im in the car. I also have a CamelBack that Im going to try to mount in the car to stay hydrated.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Now you just need a helmet like this to match :thumbsup: BTW my christmas presents were just reading material so that I can build me a better car:read:
DSC00079.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Good question Bruce,
Summit was out of the black Simpson Voyager helmets when I went to order one, they said 4-6 weeks wait for a black Simpson helmet. I had my first track event in 3 weeks. I'll probably paint it black eventually to complete the 'Darth Vader' look.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Very cool.

I too bought another black helmet last year. Between our black Cobras, the black motorcycle and the black lawnmower, any other color helmet would have stood out like a sore thumb. And no, we don't race the mower, but you should see my wife cut the grass wide ass open.

sleepless

Established Member
I bought myself an 03 Sonic Blue Cobra :)

I'm a total track junkie so am scouring this forum for info on how to make sure the Cobra will be safe and reliable and fine handling machine, yet still be a good daily driver...

Ho ho ho :)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sleepless,
Welcome to SVTperformance, theres a really good open track/road race following here thats made up of a great group of knowledgeable guys to help answer any questions that you may have about your new 03 Cobra.

Anthony

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
You are o ne lucky dude Tony! .... My wife did something similar for me last year ... We were at Gingerman for an all weekend event ...

The sneaky little lady gave her set of keys to a couple of real real well known track goody guys. I came over Sunday morning to get in my car for the first session and to my surprise there was a new Recaro Pole Postion racing seat and 6 point harness waiting for me ...

I was totally clueless .... All the guys and the wifey thought it was hilarious!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Coolness, I'd have loved to seen the look on your face when you opened up the door and saw the seat and harness's in there!

Happy New Year!

Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread