My thoughts after trading my '14 GT500 on a '15 GT

scottq60

Bought my '15 race red (base) GT coupe - I'm well pleased with it. I agree with what others have stated - BEST Mustang ever!

My Stable.JPG

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
This thread is great. I am so glad to hear the new 15 is more of a drivers car. I was interested in the 13 GT500 until I drove one. Other than the power it felt awful to me. I almost went to a BMW until I drove a Boss. I am glad to hear the new GT is set up to be a drivers car in the way the Boss was. I am anxiously waiting to see what the GT350 brings.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Some like chocolate, some vanilla. I LOVE my GT500, one of the reasons is the rawness of it. One of the reasons I loved my Terminator too.

At times I wish it was more M3 ish, but not enough to miss 200+ Hp.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I've been a hater of the 2015 GT. I went and looked at one yesterday and was impressed by the updates. Very nice cars, I'm floored about how much nicer it was then my 2012 GT and they look better in person. Makes my 2012 GT feel old. I can see why you traded in.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
This thread is great. I am so glad to hear the new 15 is more of a drivers car. I was interested in the 13 GT500 until I drove one. Other than the power it felt awful to me. I almost went to a BMW until I drove a Boss. I am glad to hear the new GT is set up to be a drivers car in the way the Boss was. I am anxiously waiting to see what the GT350 brings.

amen. my sentiments exactly.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I loved my 14 GT500. But, it was the same car as my 11 as far as features go.
Let's not get it twisted, I'm going to have the next SVT offering. The 15 is a nicer car.

ATFPat

Established Member
#1. The redesign of the ass end is complete shit, it's worse than a C7 which is terrible. I'm sorry you just can't beat the 13-14 tail lights, period.

I couldn't agree more. The interior on the 15's look nice and I'm sure it rides great but the outside design is hideous. I've driven by a local ford dealership to look at the 2015's on a few occasions and just can not get over the outside design. If I were on the market, I would scoop up a 13-14 in a heart beat. I'm curious if other models will look better as they come out. I think the outside could grow on me minus that rear end/taillights.

With that being said, it's really up to the buyer. If you like the new ones and think they handle great, grab one. If you like the older mustangs, scoop one up. To each their own with styling/performance. A 13'-14' Shelby would be my ultimate mustang to own!

Again, this is just preference. Good luck with the car OP, I look forward to reading feedback on the car.

Last edited:

delvek

Established Member
Sounds to me like a couple of guys are trying to justify having to sell their 14 shelby and replace it with a GT.

Nothing wrong with doing the responsible thing economically but lets not kid ourselves, the 15 gt is in no way an upgrade to the 14 Shelby.

I stopped reading this threat when I read this reply, it is on point 100%.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I am a fox body guy ... through and through ... however when it comes time for my wife to buy what she wants both the GT500 (13-14) and the new S550 will be on the menu. Just from the comments above I have a feeling the 15 may win out ... and not cause she is a female (she wants to open track with me) ... I think it will be a matter of what feels better at speed. I personally would like a Shelby but when it comes down to cruising mountain roads or carving a road course it is all about the chassis. Power will come in due time but being she is short I think the s550 may fit her better as well. I think it is great what Ford is doing ... Both cars look great (Camaro ZL1 and E90 M3 are in the running as well) and I think with the RTR and the other variants coming out things will get pretty interesting. Either way to me a car in this field should suit the drivers needs ... so many great cars to choose from and they all have their quirks. I guess what I am saying is maybe the OP just feels that the new mustang fits his driving needs better. I am sure the battle will rage on and when we get back to the states we will have many cars to test drive ... but in the end I am hoping to stay a blue oval family. I am happy with my 93 Cobra and plan to keep it indefinitely ... I am sure most of you all feel the same way about your cars ... Mustangs are more than just a car to most of us ... well unless it is a V6 ... LOL .. but the best mustang to me is always going to be the one I OWN and DRIVE. Hope to see more reviews ... the back and forth is good to as it gives all of us a good perspective from both sides ... Keep it up ... CHEERS!!!

jtfx6552

Established Member
For a new open tracker, I'm not sure any 662 hp car is a good choice, lol. You can get in trouble fast.

bpmurr

Established Member
Having my 15 GT PP for a week now and putting a few hundred miles on it, I can say it's superior to my 14 GT500 in every way but straight line speed. The best way to describe it is like my 13 Boss 302 but with all the luxury items.

brandonflood123

Established Member
I didn't get rid of my 13 Shelby and I will say 2015 is a better car.

kaden your seriously so retarded. wait untill all the problems come and stuff your shelby is nice as ****. i mean i did enjoy riding in your 15 this weekend and it is nice but idk maybe with a blower on it i would be happy.like the roush i think i would be happy with. but still wouldnt get rid of my shelby for it. thats why i just finance a 15 when my shelbys payed off and have both hahahhaaahha

impactblue

Established Member
kaden your seriously so retarded. wait untill all the problems come and stuff your shelby is nice as ****. i mean i did enjoy riding in your 15 this weekend and it is nice but idk maybe with a blower on it i would be happy.like the roush i think i would be happy with. but still wouldnt get rid of my shelby for it. thats why i just finance a 15 when my shelbys payed off and have both hahahhaaahha

Never said it was close to faster! But it's a better car to be in. Sitting in traffic or just cruising. It's a comfortable car.

impactblue

Established Member
Having my 15 GT PP for a week now and putting a few hundred miles on it, I can say it's superior to my 14 GT500 in every way but straight line speed. The best way to describe it is like my 13 Boss 302 but with all the luxury items.

Exactly

impactblue

Established Member

And as you can see... I'm not the only person who agrees

darreng505

Established Member
I couldn't agree more. The interior on the 15's look nice and I'm sure it rides great but the outside design is hideous. I've driven by a local ford dealership to look at the 2015's on a few occasions and just can not get over the outside design. If I were on the market, I would scoop up a 13-14 in a heart beat. I'm curious if other models will look better as they come out. I think the outside could grow on me minus that rear end/taillights.

With that being said, it's really up to the buyer. If you like the new ones and think they handle great, grab one. If you like the older mustangs, scoop one up. To each their own with styling/performance. A 13'-14' Shelby would be my ultimate mustang to own!

Again, this is just preference. Good luck with the car OP, I look forward to reading feedback on the car.

Agree. The rear end is a train wreck. Boxy. Square. And a sea of body paint all the way down to the diffuser. Looks horrible. Oh and the front is weak too. The nose extends way out past the headlights. Back end wants to be boxy retro. Front end wants to be euro. Fail....

Users who are viewing this thread