My TT build thread

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Got the Exhaust all welded up, the O2's installed, and the wideband bung welded in. Then finished the oil return pump wiring. We powered up the car and flushed the lines before hooking it to the rails and pressure tested the whole system. Also got all the vacuum lines figured out and connected.

Here's the exhaust all welded up.
DSC04499.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

Tomorrow night, we should have the intake tube and Eboost installed. Then I'll be waiting on Ed to come up and put a break in tune on it.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Looks like everything is coming together nicely. You going to keep those dumps on there?

Thanks. I plan on keeping them. If the car is still relatively quiet with the cut outs open, I may switch to bullet mufflers just to save 50 #'s. The Warlocks and cut outs are heavy!

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Finally got the intake tube fabbed up last night. Here is the big ass Vortech blow off valve that come with the kit.

DSC04504.jpg

The piping that comes with the kit puts the valve just inside the engine bay, but it is kind of cramped up against the AC lines, so Mauro moved it down into the fender right before the engine bay.

DSC04506.jpg

We wanted as much straight piping as we could before the MAF, so it would have a nice clean signal to read. There is about 20" of straight here. We also used 3.5" aluminum pipe because the the 4" Mauro tried to use on the last car wasn't moving the air across the MAF at idle fast enough for a good reading.

DSC04507.jpg

DSC04510.jpg

You can see here where the base to mount the Shelby MAF is welded high up on the straight.
DSC04509.jpg

Tomorrow Mauro is gonna paint the pipe black, then bolt it up. I wired in the Eboost 2 last night, and all that is left is to run the vacuum lines from the MAC valves to the turbos, and wastegates. Then fill the tranny, motor, and cooling system with fluids. It should have a break in tune on Saturday, and hopefully the real deal done some time next week!

PureStang

Established Member
uhh....so if you were to not see this in your car again..dont look at me...i didnt take it...

looks really good man, i wish i had the money to fund a project like this! that vortech bypass is going to scream.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Tried to start it today and it just kept cranking. Apparently my boost-a-spark decided to die during it's 7 month break. Once we bypassed that, it fired right up. It was high idling great for warm up, then we noticed an oil leak under the car and we shut it down. Apparently when I put the fitting in the oil cooler to feed the turbos oil, I over tightened it and cracked the housing. Whoops. I guess I will be ordering it on Monday, and hopefully it will be here by Wednesday.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
damn, that suxs shane.

good talking to you today. hopefully you guys got that other car worked out.

Ya, hopefully it's only a 3 day set back. Hopefully the new housing will be here by Wednesday. I probably wont even replace my Boost-a-spark until I turn the boost up for race gas.

Yes it was. Sorry to bug you though. Can't wait til we can do it in person at the track! Is the turbo gonna be on your car soon?

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
There car is actually running again. Mauro welded the crack up and welded the fitting on also.

We did find out the oil return pump was running backwards on the initial start up though. Apparently You have to check the pump before use, because some of them are tunr the right way, and some of them are backwards. I'll be cleaning the oil out of the turbos tonight, and hopefully they will keep the oil where it's supposed to be with the pump running the right way!

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Took the turbos off and cleaned them out tonight. There was a decent amount in the drivers side turbo, inlet tube, and wastegate.
Put it all together again and let it idle for about 20 minutes. The idle was kinda confused since it still has the KB and 60# injector tune.

Heres a crappy cell video just to prove it runs! haha

th_0402092030.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread