My TT build...

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
As some of you know usmcsvtwannabe and I have a colorful friendship and are always trying to one up the other when it comes to who is faster.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1045024-5-0-vs-the-world!!!&highlight=

Well this time I think I upped the ante fairly well. After getting harassed about having a shop do the install, put in for some leave and tackled the project myself with the help of some buddies. Lots of beer, bruised knuckles, a flayed finger, cursing, and redoing shit, but it finally go done. This was by far the most frustrating project I have tackled, but the sense of accomplishment is beyond words. Took the car to Revolution Automotive for tuning, and couldn't be happier with the end result. Enough rambling from me, here are some pics...

Tear down
IMG_20150321_114148_zpso0l9hrnq.jpg

Pass and Driver headers
IMG_20150322_124450_zpse2vialvx.jpg

IMG_20150322_180335-nopm-_zpsqkorb2ta.jpg

Such cooling
IMG_20150322_173927_zpspqblm1q8.jpg

Test fitting the snails
2015-03-23_zpsrp8bfg2m.jpg

Oilless turbos are cool
IMG_20150326_105621-nopm-%201_zpsirwmzh3j.jpg

More fuel!
IMG_20150326_120537_zps7ycj6ngv.jpg

On the way to Revolution Automotive!
IMG_20150328_115744_zpscasfl0so.jpg

Finished product
TT_zpsqw6awjz9.jpg

Makes me happy...
DYNO_zpsmfah9d37.jpg

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
HA! Enjoy the little lead while you have it!

Twin screw, E85 fed terminator is right around the corner son

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. That's a nice build. But usmcsvtwannabe (considering a TVS?) is hot on your tail. :)

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
HA! Enjoy the little lead while you have it!

Twin screw, E85 fed terminator is right around the corner son

Yeah yeah lol

Nice numbers. That's a nice build. But usmcsvtwannabe (considering a TVS?) is hot on your tail. :)

Yeah, and of course I'll help with the install lol. Just need a built trans and some E85 and I'll be back, but for now i'll enjoy being on top lol.

smitty2919

Established Member
No filters on the turbos? Yes that's a serious questions and I have never messed with turbos lol

08mojo

Established Member
Nice build! It looks menacing with the turbos sitting like that in the engine bay.

And yes, he's running filters. You can see them in the pics.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
No filters on the turbos? Yes that's a serious questions and I have never messed with turbos lol

Nice build! It looks menacing with the turbos sitting like that in the engine bay.

And yes, he's running filters. You can see them in the pics.

Thanks you sir, and yes I am using filters, just took them off for the photo

LightningTeg

Established Member
Nice.

600whp from 10lbs though? That seems "low" to me. at the end of the day how it feels/goes down the track matters, not the number though.

Why did you go 'oiless' turbos?

HandBanana

Established Member
what are the advantages of oiless turbos??

For one they are not such a PITA to run separate lines for the oil to each blurbo. As within else, oil/water cooled turbo set-ups both have their advantages.

Looks awesome Charby. 600whp on 10 psi is fantastic. Turn the wick up continually as your USMC Wannabe friend continues to add parts. You'll win as long as your motor doesn't grenade.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Nice.

600whp from 10lbs though? That seems "low" to me. at the end of the day how it feels/goes down the track matters, not the number though.

Why did you go 'oiless' turbos?

It was a used kit and te turbos were already there, makes the install less frightening not having to run oil lines lol.

what are the advantages of oiless turbos??

Easier install...they spool louder.

For one they are not such a PITA to run separate lines for the oil to each blurbo. As within else, oil/water cooled turbo set-ups both have their advantages.

Looks awesome Charby. 600whp on 10 psi is fantastic. Turn the wick up continually as your USMC Wannabe friend continues to add parts. You'll win as long as your motor doesn't grenade.

:rockon:

600whp seems kinda low for 10lbs. How's the On3 kit fit?

It's ON3 fitment lol. the previous owner made the necessary adjustments needed for the kit to fit right, so I really have no complaints. But the fitment is TIGHT.

I suppose I'll see you cruising down coastal highway in a few weeks?

Maybe

are you going to tear it down now for powder coating?

LOL...NOPE! It's already ceramic coated. A little beat up from install, but function over form I guess.

Nice looking set-up. Like others have said 600hp does seem low.

Only have 47 lb injectors for fuel upgrade. I'm assuming not much timing and am at the limits without a BAP. Probably make more power otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread