My VMP GEN2 STG2 install on a 2014 GT auto

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Have you considered wilwood ?

Front
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT+Models

Rear
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT+Models

This is what I am going to be getting soon, you can get them at a good price, don't go off the price on the wilwood website, I am going with the 14" because that is the max for 18" wheel's.

I was going with FORD racing kit because I thought there were more choices for pads. The kit I was looking at is $1800 from AM for front and rear. How much are the wilwood's? Do they have 15" for the front? I thought when I looked it would be $3600 for front and rear.

Have you had a chance to install your Watts link?

Last edited:

mackdog2008

Established Member
I was going with FORD racing kit because I thought there were more choices for pads. The kit I was looking at is $1800 from AM for front and rear. How much are the wilwood's? Do they have 15" for the front? I thought when I looked it would be $3600 for front and rear.

Have you had a chance to install your Watts link?

Yeah 3,600 is about right, from what I have been able to find wilwood is the only company that makes a 14" 4 piston rear kit, they don't have a 15" kit though but for me 14" is the max I can run.

As for the 4 piston rears, I know that probably overkill but to me when I see nice big brakes up front and tiny little guys out back it looks incomplete.

I got the axle tubes welded up and painted, it's installed and tonight I should be able to do the Watts link.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I think this is a great idea. I would love to check them out when you get them.

Will do I am still debating on the OPG, Balancer, and intake cam. It would lower my boost but keep the same power. I have to talk with Justin again about that. But first I am going to order the BBK and get the brakes done. Might as well wait for the temps to go down a bit.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Yeah 3,600 is about right, from what I have been able to find wilwood is the only company that makes a 14" 4 piston rear kit, they don't have a 15" kit though but for me 14" is the max I can run.

As for the 4 piston rears, I know that probably overkill but to me when I see nice big brakes up front and tiny little guys out back it looks incomplete.

I got the axle tubes welded up and painted, it's installed and tonight I should be able to do the Watts link.

Looking forward to hearing how you like the BMR watts link and how difficult the install is.

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Brake kit ordered.

Parts arrived man theses rotors are massive!! So are the calipers. Install pictures to come.

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
GT500 brakes installed. Still have sort of a soft pedal. I am going to bleed them once more. Thanks again To Don for coming over and helping out with the install Friday night and Saturday. I will post a thread in the brakes section with pictures.

evil281

Established Member
GT500 brakes installed. Still have sort of a soft pedal. I am going to bleed them once more. Thanks again To Don for coming over and helping out with the install Friday night and Saturday. I will post a thread in the brakes section with pictures.

No problem man. I can't get over how massive those calipers are! We need to give it a real good bleed and get rid of that soft pedal.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I decided just to post some pictures here of the big brakes. Not too bad of an install. Just takes time have to pull the axles to install the new plates for the rear calipers. Took awhile to get the crazy pin back in the diff. Also I think I got equal amounts of royal purple on the floor as well in the differential. ( not really but quite the pain getting it in). Actually the gear whine from when the dealer installed my 3.55's is gone now.

B86e4Q0.jpg

fzejOoa.jpg

xHhkNP2.jpg

nrJtW4y.jpg

Attachments

• fQNi8SU.jpg
    fQNi8SU.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
More pics of the rear brakes

g8l8jVk.jpg

ZGXlK0s.jpg

Have to take some of them on the car. I did have to use the 1/4" spacers in the front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread