My VMP GEN2 STG2 install on a 2014 GT auto

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Fuel gauge works normal.

Just me but I'm not sure I would run 25-26 degrees of timing, I'm sure it's fine and even Justin says it's no problem but I don't feel comfortable pushing over 22-23 on the stock internals.

I will check with Justin but I am happy with how it drives.

NJ302PONY

Established Member
Thanks for the nice write up and pictures. I just started installing a Roush blower and there is great info on here. I spoke with Justin yesterday and he was very helpful. Thank goodness VMP has a plug and play harness instead of me having to re-pin the three plugs. I have both the Roush instructions and the VMP instructions. The VMP are much easier to follow

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Thanks for the nice write up and pictures. I just started installing a Roush blower and there is great info on here. I spoke with Justin yesterday and he was very helpful. Thank goodness VMP has a plug and play harness instead of me having to re-pin the three plugs. I have both the Roush instructions and the VMP instructions. The VMP are much easier to follow

Your welcome. Double check the intercooler to make sure you see water flowing pretty good in the resevoir that was my mistake luckily it was when it was cool out here. I had an airpocket in mine. Yep the VMP is pretty straight forward install. You only have to mess with one electrical connector. You will love it once you are done.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
a little heat out here so no dyno runs until fall for me this was last night on the way home.
kNpBf2M.jpg

BjR9G1W.jpg

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Got the updated tune from Justin had to borrow a cable for my sct4 tuner mine died. Have one on order coming next will post updated data logs once i get the new cable. Everything runs great. Not doing much today we are going to be 114 outside.

Riptide

Established Member
E85 is good but with Arizona heat have you thought about adding water or meth injection in the picture to keep the intake charge even cooler when it gets ridic out like that?

Zona14Stang

Established Member
E85 is good but with Arizona heat have you thought about adding water or meth injection in the picture to keep the intake charge even cooler when it gets ridic out like that?
Probably not I have a second car and it is only a couple of months of insane heat.
Next up is probably front brakes and then maybe the JPC fuel system.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Ever think about adding a big intercooler water tank in the trunk? More water takes longer to heat up...

At least it's a dry heat! Lol! :poke:

One thing I've noticed with E85... Check all the stations when they're running winter grade. I have 3 stations within 5mins of me. In April one tested E70, one was E80, and the other was E84. Now that is summer they all test E92ish. I think the less gas they can use, is probably more money in their pocket. More gas is added in the winter is for cold starting...

I was trying to follow your data log... Does your Lambda bounce around? Mine stays rock steady at .81 at WOT. Wow, 25* on stock motor! I'm running 24* on forged Pistons & Rods, and only above 6000rpm.

Someone said you should be ok if you don't beat on it... Ummm isn't that why we make these cars go fast?? I beat the piss out of my car every time it leaves the garage! Lol!

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I haven't dynoed it yet but soon, I made 633rwhp 558rwtq on 91 octane with the 79mm pulley at 14.5° timing tuned by Justin at VMP

I see 22° of timing on the E85 ( right now E70 ) they haven't switched over to E85 yet here for the summer.

That info was for anyone who has to put up with winter grade (winter downgrade more like it!)

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Ever think about adding a big intercooler water tank in the trunk? More water takes longer to heat up...

At least it's a dry heat! Lol! :poke:

One thing I've noticed with E85... Check all the stations when they're running winter grade. I have 3 stations within 5mins of me. In April one tested E70, one was E80, and the other was E84. Now that is summer they all test E92ish. I think the less gas they can use, is probably more money in their pocket. More gas is added in the winter is for cold starting...

I was trying to follow your data log... Does your Lambda bounce around? Mine stays rock steady at .81 at WOT. Wow, 25* on stock motor! I'm running 24* on forged Pistons & Rods, and only above 6000rpm.

Someone said you should be ok if you don't beat on it... Ummm isn't that why we make these cars go fast?? I beat the piss out of my car every time it leaves the garage! Lol!

I will post an updated log later this week(waiting on the cable). That was the base tune log. I have been stuck in traffic most of the time since I did the E85 upgrade so going WOT really has not happened much. Maybe 3 times total. I am going to test the gas eventually but it is not like i have many choices. I have one station with 4 pumps less then a mile away and the other station is 24 miles away near my work. I don't drive the car that hard although it would be fun ..plus the whole problem of loosing my license. I just like having the power and no lag in the throttle. Eventually I will go to the track in the winter when it is about 50 degree's cooler. Car is still a "daily driver" but I do switch off sometimes with my old car.

Last edited:

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Here is an updated data log. I did a 3rd gear pull yesterday.

z92EqVR.jpg

The tires break loose like nothing now.
Going to do a 4th gear pull tommorrow.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Really need to post the actual file for people to tell you anything. Hard to tell much from a screenshot.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
How do you post a file? I was just posting it for reference everything looks good though. I was wondering if you could post a file anyway.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
you would need to upload it to a file sharing site and post the link I believe. What are your shift points set at? You should log it to at least that rpm. 6200 is a little low.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Next upgrade coming soon...the BIG BRAKE KIT. I just want better breaking so I am ordering the FORD RACING big Brake kit front and rears. Install pictures to come.

mackdog2008

Established Member
Next upgrade coming soon...the BIG BRAKE KIT. I just want better breaking so I am ordering the FORD RACING big Brake kit front and rears. Install pictures to come.

Have you considered wilwood ?

Front
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT+Models

Rear
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang&option=GT+Models

This is what I am going to be getting soon, you can get them at a good price, don't go off the price on the wilwood website, I am going with the 14" because that is the max for 18" wheel's.

Users who are viewing this thread