My Whipple Build!! (Pics inside)

Blueline

Established Member
***Blower install, updated pics on page 2***
***Fuel system install, updated pics on page 3***
***Video of First Start up page#4***
Hey guys, as you know I have been itching for a Whipple for awhile. I found a great deal on a Whipple 2.3 from "Terminator-Fox" on here and jumped on it. He made this a smooth transaction and the blower looks new! I have to thank those members who helped me so much with my questions: "Mach1033," "Timspony" and "Blwn04SVTcobra."

Here are my list of mods:

- Whipple 2.3 w/ polished snout and polished Reichard Racing pulley 2.7
- Kurgan Motorsports fuel hat w/ twin Gt pumps
- 60lb. Ford Motorsport Injectors
- 8-an feed line
- Dual FPDM w/ wire upgrade
- Polished Accufab single blade throttle body
- EGR Delete
- JLT RAI
- SCT BA3000 MAF

Now for some pics:

The Car its all going into:
cobratop.gif

Build Parts:

IMG_0763.gif

IMG_0765.gif

IMG_0764.gif

IMG_0758.gif

IMG_0757.gif

IMG_0756.gif

Whipple9.gif

IMG_0760.gif

IMG_0762.gif

IMG_0761.gif

Thanks again guys, Ill keep the thread updated with install pics in the near future :rockon:

:dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats man, that's going to be a huge jump in performance. Pics and vids as they come in!

Blueline

Established Member
Thanks Guys! I cant wait to get his on. I hope theres a big difference after all of this money and dirty looks from the wife. lol

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Nice!! Keep us posted. You are going to love it bro!!

moot09

Established Member
Sweet! Good to see other members coming through with useful parts! Good luck as well.

Blueline

Established Member
Thanks Guys! Yes Im going to do all the work myself and then go for a tune.

I was thinking of just going straight to the 2.7 pulley lol! I want power!!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
You are going to love it! The 2.7 pulley may bring you to the ragged edge of what you can safely run with 93 octane, though (unless you have E85). I have a Gen 1 with a 3" upper/stock lower, and it runs a solid 17 psi, so you will likely be over 21 psi if that's a gen 2. In my case, my pulley was damaged in shipping, so I could have bought any size replacement, but after researching found that something in the 2.9"-3" range would give me great power, but also keep it safely running on pump gas with no additives (which was a key criteria for me).

Blueline

Established Member
Im on the fence about using Torco. I really didnt want to use any additives. Kevin, the tuner, said he has extra pulleys laying around in case the car makes too much boost. Is it a pain using the Torco Al?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Im on the fence about using Torco. I really didnt want to use any additives. Kevin, the tuner, said he has extra pulleys laying around in case the car makes too much boost. Is it a pain using the Torco Al?

Not to answer for Al, but it isn't really a pain to throw a can in with a fill-up, but I just wanted to be able to drive wherever I wanted to, without ever having a fear of not being able to get gas, or additives, and never worry about whether I have spare cans of Torco in the trunk. I kind of have the same philosophy regarding nitrous on a street car. I want my power to always be there, and not have to pull over, open a valve, and flash a different tune in just to make a run.:rollseyes For the strip it's fine, but not so much for the street. Just depends on how you plan to actually drive your car, and also whether or not it's a DD.;-)

Blueline

Established Member
I only drive the car once in awhile. Def. not a DD, I fuel up maybe once a month. But, man I just saw how much Torco is a can, thats an expensive fill up lol. maybe ill just pulley down to a 3.00.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I only drive the car once in awhile. Def. not a DD, I fuel up maybe once a month. But, man I just saw how much Torco is a can, thats an expensive fill up lol. maybe ill just pulley down to a 3.00.

Yeah, I didn't even mention the added cost, but that is another downside. Of course, you did opt for a twinscrew, so hopefully you aren't too concerned with your gas mileage, because your cost to drive it will go up for sure!;-)

Maybe, just get it running with the 2.7, to see where it's at boost wise, then go from there. I may actually drop down a bit in size on mine since I'm installing headers soon, so I will be able to tolerate a bit more boost.;-)

Jsko

Established Member
It will be night and day difference. I recently went twin screw, and it was a stock pulley cobra @ 8lbs to a 2.2L, @ 19. At the time, the only thing I could say about the power change was its ridiculous. I absolutely love it, and I'm sure your going to notice even going from a car with a port.

Users who are viewing this thread