My Wife had an accident in our 03 Cobra

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
It's a very long story - but I'll try to be as brief as I can and tell you what occured.

First & foremost, the wife is OK except for some scratches, a lot of brusis, and a pretty messed-up sholder that she will be going into surgery for tomorrow morning to get fixed. She was pretty shaken up too - but we both are counting our lucky stars - it could have been much MUCH worse.

Today around 12-1230ish, she lost control of the 03 Cobra on Stanley Blvd. here in Livermore, CA next to an area called Shadow Cliffs. When she hit the curb it launch the car in the air through the fence, landed nose first on one imbankment, and then finally flipped and rolled down to another imbankment. Just a few more feet and the car would have gone into the lake... and who knows what would have happened then. Great thing is she was ok and came out of it alive.

Here a couple of pictures of the car following the accident.

picture # 1
picture # 2

The pictures of the car only tell you a little bit of what the car looked like afterwards... here's a couple of pics that show you the scope of just how lucky we both were.

picture # 3
picture # 4

Anyway - I'm going to be away from the boards for the next few days to take care of business here at the homefront and elsewhere - but I'll post a followup on how the surgery went tomorrow evening. Thanks in advance for everyone's understanding, and support.

Blades

Established Member
Best of luck with everything man. This whole incident leaves me with no words to type. Technically she should be as critical as that Cobra. Thank God she's alright. I wouldn't post too much info on here for insurance reasons and all that.

I really wouldn't be able to live with myself if my girlfriend (shes 19) crashed my car and got hurt. She hasn't drove it yet and looking at those pictures seals the deal. She'll have to grow into it, and only drive it when I am in the car. My girlfriend and my car: two of the things that I love the most in my life. Best of luck to you. :(

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
She's a very lucky girl. thank god she's ok. geeeezz so close to the edge of the lake. Linn and I wish her the best and a speedy recovery.

Rick/Linn

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
WOW dude. I would say God was with her that day. I am very glad to hear she is fairly well. I hope everything turns all right with the surgery.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Good Lord.

Glad everything is as good as it could be expected: She's alive. Of course you know it's just a car, and that's what insurance is for (to replace it).

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for her, sign back on when you can and keep us updated. We have to take care of our own, remember! Especially for those of us that are closer, let us know if there is anything we can do to make this period easier on you guys.

King03Cobra

Established Member
I'm just feeling numb looking at that. I hope for the best for both of you and hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
I'm glad your wife is ok...best wishes to a speedy recovery.

If that had been a convertible, I think the end of the story would be unpleasantly different.

Peace and Safe times in the Cobras,
Evan

SStupid

Established Member
WOW!

:eek: I am so glad your wife is ok. That had to hurt. She is SSSOOOO lucky. The car looks like it held up pretty good. Good thing you had the Sub-frame connectors. Good luck and I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I wish your wife a speedy and complete recovery. Someone was looking out for her. Best of luck to you both.

Matt03

Established Member
I'm glad to hear your wife is ok. That looks like it was a pretty nasty accident. Good luck in the coming days with your wife and your car. I also wish her a speedy recovery.

Matt

jshen

Established Member
As a former cop

I've seen fatalities from much less ...Count your lucky stars and thank the Almighty. Cars can be replaced...loved ones cannot! I wish you the best and a speedy recovery

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
My prayers are with you and Im glad she came out relitively ok.
I wish you and her good luck for her surgery. The car can be replaced, she can not. God was definately with her.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
the car is replaceable...glad your wife everyone is ok...good luck w/ her surgery and let us know how it turns out. i'll say a prayer for you.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Man I glad to hear your wife is okay. I hope she has a speedy recovery and the surgery goes well. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread