My Wife had an accident in our 03 Cobra

03DOHC

Established Member
OMG! I'm glad you're Wife is OK, she's a good Woman Mark, and you're a good Man. Take care and god bless.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Hey Mark, i am extremely happy your wife is ok. Both of you are just wonderful people. If theres anything you need dont hesitate to let me know. i wish her a speedy recovery.
take good care of her.
Jersey

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear of the accident. Best of luck to your wife for a very speedy and successful recovery. The loss of the car becomes very secondary and unimportant after a close call like that!

Gord

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
First of all, a huge thanks for everyone's positive comments and thoughts. It certainly brought a smile to my wife's face while I was reading them to her this morning.

Kim was discharged from the hospital yesterday at noon... but the surgery on her shoulder was postponed until after she visits the orthopedics surgeon at Kaiser on Friday. Sorry for the wording on the "shattered collar", as I guess my wife was still a little woozy from the morphine and wasn't able to articulate the extent of her injuries precisely. After talking with the doctor yesterday and seeing the x-rays, she is in much better shape then we all first thought. Here's a picture of the x-ray...

bone.jpg

The extent of the injuries is to the clavicle - completely broken in half as shown above. The surgery will be to attach a metal rod so that the two halves are brought back together and help for the bone to heal-back correctly. Besides that, her shoulder seems to be AOK. She is resting at the house, and I'm trying to take care of her the best way I can (and I'm playing the house-hubby for the next few weeks). I'll be sure to update everyone on the surgery after it's happened... but it does indeed look like the worst is behind us. Although she is in a lot of pain right now - it's really not that bad, everything considered.

In closing, it looks like the insurance will be covering the car, and will be cutting us a check for the fair replacement value of the car & paying for the fence that was damaged... so at least we won't be going into dept to take care of this. However it will be quite some time before she gets a new car - insurance will rape us for the next 5 years - I'm sure of that.

OK - better get back to taking care of the wife unit & a huge thanks to everyone for their kind words and prayers. It makes more of a difference then you can possibly imagine.

All the best,

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Glad she is made it out of the accident.
I wish your wife well and a speedy recovery.
She is BLESSED.

cobralightning

Established Member
I hope she recovers swiftly. Hope you are doing ok as well. Prayers are with the two of you -bb

lifter213

Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to here she's ok and i hope she has a speedy recovery!

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
wow. I'm glad to hear she's ok. Good luck to her with the recovery.
Rob

SStupid

Established Member
Clavicle

That x-ray looks exactly like mine did after my motorcycle accident. They didn't put me through surgery, though. They stuck me in a brace that pulled my shoulder blades together, and eventually (over and 11-week period) the bones sort of grew back together. I now have a huge lump where the injury occured. The funny thing is that the area where the lump is, is stronger than the rest of the bone, now. She'll be just fine. With surgery, she'll get to skip all the weeks of pain from movement and reqrowth. She'll also get to skip the misery of sleeping with that REALLY uncomfortable brace on. Imagine only being able to sleep on your back for 11 weeks. I'm reall glad there is no rotator cuff sugery needed. Awesome. Tell her we all wish her a speed recovery. She now has one hell of a story to tell.

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
My prayers for your wifes speedy recovery and that your insurance gets you a brand new 03 Cobra, Fast and I mean Fast.

ntechnic

Established Member
First and foremost, you are both alive, and that's wonderful given what you went through. Second, that surgery is not too bad, all things considered.

Take care of yourselves. Tell your wife when she's recovered from the surgery a bit that the key to a best possible recovery is the physical therapy.

Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread