Mystic 96 Cobra times.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I should mention, my car LOVES the T56. It keeps it right where you want it in the powerband. And now spits flames on every all out shift.

I'll give some real world track results come Sunday if in have time, which I should. :)

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I've never seen an n/a car go quicker after a t56 swap. After the 2-2 shift the rpm drops are very similar to those of the t45. Also, its higher first gear and the 4.56 are similar in ratio to a t45 and 3.73s.

Last edited:

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I've never seen an n/a car go quicker after a t56 swap. After the 2-2 shift the rpm drops are very similar to those of the t45. Also, its higher first gear and the 4.56 are similar in ratio to a t45 and 3.73s.
We will find out sometime very soon.
Is your track actually downhill like the video suggests?
Not as bad as the video looks. And I hate that track.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
hopefully saturday we will find out what she does... It will be hard to tell exactly how much it's improved with the trans since we went to a shit track the last time

99MystiC

Established Member
I never said anything about the street. I was talking about the track.

You plan on spraying it this up coming time?

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
No spray this round. I like to do one change at a time, test it, then change another, and so on.

I'm doing Norwalk Wednesday.

I'll post the time on the return road. ;)

Wish me luck. It's time to get my head in the game.

It's on.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
No spray this round. I like to do one change at a time, test it, then change another, and so on.

I'm doing Norwalk Wednesday.

I'll post the time on the return road. ;)

Wish me luck. It's time to get my head in the game.

It's on.

Damn, i almost want to take off of work and head up...

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Well, I'm gonna try a much lower rpm than I did with the 3.27's. With the 3.27's, I liked 5k.

I'm going to start with 3500, even with the tall 1st gear. It spun BAD with a 5k with the 4.56's.

And it's kinda fun fighting the drag radials...

3/4 through the 26" 275/50/15's. MT ET Streets.

mystical

Established Member

That's what I was thinking. Not sure how less gear would make it faster. Regardless, keep us posted seems like you've got a factory freak!:rockon:

1997Cobra

Established Member
That's what I was thinking. Not sure how less gear would make it faster. Regardless, keep us posted seems like you've got a factory freak!:rockon:

it keeps the car in the power band because the ratios are closer. his best time was on stock gears, so he still technically has more gear over that pass

We will line up a better weekend...

oooooh yeea

99MystiC

Established Member
it keeps the car in the power band because the ratios are closer. his best time was on stock gears, so he still technically has more gear over that pass

oooooh yeea

What i think everyone is missing is the tall first gear of the t-56. I posted videos of my setup with the same trans and 4.56 gears. What else is needed to explain it. If your 60 is hurt the rest of the et is hurt. Thats what NA SVT and I are trying to say. Ive tried three different tire setups with the t-56. 26 slicks worked best. Hes running the MT ET Street radial and those are very hard to hook on with a stick. Ive had those an all i did was break the tires lose. Im not trying to dog on him or his setup just trying to let him know how it works from experiece, thats what the forum is for. Goodluck to the op.

Users who are viewing this thread