Mystic 96 Cobra times.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Great times Kyle. Man .... 56's are hard to miss a gear in. Straight back, straight up. MGW is the ONLY shifter for a 56. I will say the pattern is tight, no need to "row" anymore. :)

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Great times Kyle. Man .... 56's are hard to miss a gear in. Straight back, straight up. MGW is the ONLY shifter for a 56. I will say the pattern is tight, no need to "row" anymore. :)
Yeah, I have a brand new MGW In it. And I figured out the shift pattern on the last run. Thanks for the insight, Matt. :)
You didnt miss a gear in our races -_-
Before yesterday, I could say I never have. Too many mods at once (T56, 4.56's), not nearly enough seat time with them yet. And by that, I mean less than 50 miles.
Take a look into this company. http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/kits/ford.htm
He makes a good product.
Thanks!

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
And, OMFG! was I on my way to a pass on the second run. I'll run again soon. Gotta get a few thing with the suspension ironed out.

Maybe some nitrous too. Anyone wanna donate some solenoids?:-D

1997Cobra

Established Member
Before yesterday, I could say I never have. Too many mods at once (T56, 4.56's), not nearly enough seat time with them yet. And by that, I mean less than 50 miles.

I ground second today in mine -_- she doesnt like cold power shifts (which i should not be doing anyways)

1997Cobra

Established Member
wtrfdhls.jpg

1997Cobra

Established Member
I haven't seen a 96-98 Cobra be quick without 4.56 gears and some weightloss. The reason for this is due to the terrible midrange power of the B heads. What's needed is a short runner, 4.56s and shift at 7000. 4.10s and 4.30s will result in slower ETs, especially when combined with a T56 that as the Cobra 1st gear.

Fearing the gear will result in high ETs.

Why do you have a trap speed requirement? What's more important, getting to the traps as quick as possible or with a high MPH? You don't have broad enough powerband to allow 4.10s or 4.30s to be close to optimum.

Are you basing your gear seletion on one 13 hour drive?

There are much better springs for drag racing than the Bs. The stock rears cut one coil and 4cyl fox springs work great and allow for a helluva lot more weight transfer. I know of cars cutting 1.40s with with this setup. Coil overs are by far the best front spring option but some don't like them for street driving.

Lightwheight wheels and sticky tires can knock off 3-4 tenths, the lighter the better.

Losing the stock struts also does wonders and strange 10 ways are inexpensiive and work great.

I've never seen an n/a car go quicker after a t56 swap. After the 2-2 shift the rpm drops are very similar to those of the t45. Also, its higher first gear and the 4.56 are similar in ratio to a t45 and 3.73s.

Is there a rd in Michigan that allows for 140mph? Seriously, 4.56s are plenty even with a t56.
ok, what advice should i take?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread