N4SM R-Spec wheels

cluscher

Established Member
Need 4speed Motorsports has offered up a spun forged wheel with the same specs as the R wheels. They are 19x11(f) and 19x11.5(r) with the same offsets as the carbon fiber R wheels. They are roughly 6 to 8 lbs lighter than the stock GT350 wheels. I got my Cup2s mounted today and slapped them on. Now I'm ready to turn it up a notch at the track. The wheels are really nice and the finish is OEM quality. Have a look:

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

Lemers

Established Member
Is that 6-8 lbs per wheel? What is the cost?

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 April (Kaiserslautern, Germany), under MSRP

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Those look great. I much prefer that spoke style over that of the non-R GT350 wheels. I'll bet they are much easier to clean as well.

I can't wait for mine to show up!

myshelby3425

Established Member
Congrats.. Wheels are very nice. They look a lot better on your car than what they were advertising on that yellow mustang.

Price is good too. Did you feel a difference on the butt dyno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cluscher

Established Member
Haven't pushed it yet to notice any difference. In normal street driving you definitely get more road feedback through these tires.

cluscher

Established Member
27.3 front
24.7 rear

Fronts are heavier due to backspacing and thicker backpad needed.

cluscher

Established Member
After my wheels arrived from Paul at N4SM I quickly went and had them wrapped with Michelin Sport Cup 2s in 305/30/19(f) and 315/30/19(r). Then I bought some Maximum Motorsports camber plates and got the alignment done. The alignment was done roughly to the R-specs provided in the owners supplement, and off I went to the track! I previously had three days on the car with the stock wheels, MPSS, and stock alignment.

In out of the box stock form this car is real impressive. Most of all, the grip level of the MPSS was pretty amazing for a street tire. However, these low-level mods brings the track experience to a new level. With this setup the car is much more precise....scalpel-like precise. On the road with all of the pavement character the car is actually pretty darty. On a spirited cruise I will definitely go back to the stock wheels and tires. However, I have yet to see how the stock wheels and tires will be behave with the new alignment.

The other very notable change with this setup is the elimination of any understeer. In stock form you could definitely induce a bit of understeer and had to drive accordingly to stay away from it. Despite the staggered fitment, with the sticky 305's up front and the alignment dialed in there was not a hint of understeer all day.

The wheels worked great. I used the lug nuts Paul provided and had no issues with them. It's hard to feel, with all the changes, how much the weight reduction in the wheels actually changed things. This is essentially a track combination setup and the sum of the parts together work in symbiotic fashion.

N4SM R-specs called for track duty:

DSC_0622.jpg

The hunt:

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

Rotate:

edc9210b-9079-4494-b8cd-909f4bbff838.jpg

mac cobra

Established Member
After my wheels arrived from Paul at N4SM I quickly went and had them wrapped with Michelin Sport Cup 2s in 305/30/19(f) and 315/30/19(r). Then I bought some Maximum Motorsports camber plates and got the alignment done. The alignment was done roughly to the R-specs provided in the owners supplement, and off I went to the track! I previously had three days on the car with the stock wheels, MPSS, and stock alignment.

In out of the box stock form this car is real impressive. Most of all, the grip level of the MPSS was pretty amazing for a street tire. However, these low-level mods brings the track experience to a new level. With this setup the car is much more precise....scalpel-like precise. On the road with all of the pavement character the car is actually pretty darty. On a spirited cruise I will definitely go back to the stock wheels and tires. However, I have yet to see how the stock wheels and tires will be behave with the new alignment.

The other very notable change with this setup is the elimination of any understeer. In stock form you could definitely induce a bit of understeer and had to drive accordingly to stay away from it. Despite the staggered fitment, with the sticky 305's up front and the alignment dialed in there was not a hint of understeer all day.

The wheels worked great. I used the lug nuts Paul provided and had no issues with them. It's hard to feel, with all the changes, how much the weight reduction in the wheels actually changed things. This is essentially a track combination setup and the sum of the parts together work in symbiotic fashion.

N4SM R-specs called for track duty:

DSC_0622.jpg

The hunt:

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

Rotate:

edc9210b-9079-4494-b8cd-909f4bbff838.jpg

the wheels and car look great I hope the gt 350 is meeting your expectations

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Those look beautiful. Is that a weight stacked on top of a weight?

I'm beginning to feel like I'll never see my wheels/tires.:(

Users who are viewing this thread