NASA March 28-29 @ VIR

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Ken, you always say Foci. Isn't that plural, like fungi, impying that you are driving more than 1?

Is this a debate for a different thread?

Technically yes, but on many a board many a folk call the SVT version of the Focus a Foci....don't know why...

Best I can tell you is that I will lap you so often you will think there is more than one Focus on the track :lol::lol:

Ken
:beer::beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Actually, in geometry, the foci, pronounced /ˈfoʊsaɪ/ (singular focus), are a pair of special points used in describing conic sections. The four types of conic sections are the circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.

We should know, having two Foci, a science teacher and a physics major in the household.

DSCF0007.jpg

In an ellipse, the sum of the distances from any point on the ellipse to the two foci is a constant.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Technically yes, but on many a board many a folk call the SVT version of the Focus a Foci....don't know why...

Best I can tell you is that I will lap you so often you will think there is more than one Focus on the track :lol::lol:

Ken

You better be seriously moving to lap anyone more than once at VIR. The full track is more than a half mile longer than Summit Main.

Last year at this event I was hitting close to 150mph on the back straight, eht first day. I let off early because I was still on stock brakes. The second day was to wet and cold to do anything. Now that I have Coleman Racing brakes with DTC70's, I bet I will be able to stay on the gas just a little longer.

Come get me little Fungi.

David Hester

Established Member
VIR is one of my favorite tracks.
DavePodium.JPG

Got a third there last October.
Gotta have pizza at Aunt Millie's in Milton if you go.

Just heard something I thought I'd never hear.
"Oooh, Dave. It's so big."
Made my day!

One more thing. Does Jeff look like Bernie in "Weekend at Bernie's" or is it just me?

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
That weekend is on my schedule. I've got a reservasion at the Lodge set. Its possible I will cancel it as it will be the first of 6 straight travel weekends if I do it. VIR, Spring Break with the wife, Spring Break with the Wife, Mustang 45th @ Barber, SARRC Double at Roebling Road, Summit Point Track weekend(photographer weekend).

I am not sure that I have it in me to do 6 weekends in a row, but we will see.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
That weekend is on my schedule. I've got a reservasion at the Lodge set. Its possible I will cancel it as it will be the first of 6 straight travel weekends if I do it. VIR, Spring Break with the wife, Spring Break with the Wife, Mustang 45th @ Barber, SARRC Double at Roebling Road, Summit Point Track weekend(photographer weekend).

I am not sure that I have it in me to do 6 weekends in a row, but we will see.

Rob, if my math is correct :)??:) that means you'll be at the Summit Point NASA on April 25/26. Will you be running, or taking pics?

BlackStripes

Established Member
That weekend is on my schedule. I've got a reservasion at the Lodge set. Its possible I will cancel it as it will be the first of 6 straight travel weekends if I do it.

If you cancel, could you let me know? I might be able to 'transfer' the reservation.

EDIT. Ok, no 'transfer'. dammit. Just in case I booked in INNKEEPER ROXBORO. 906 DURHAM RD Roxboro, NC 27573 as well.

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hector, a bunch of us are staying at the Holiday Inn in South Boston.
Why not see if you can get a room there? You can cancel 48 hours prior if you don't get in to VIR.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Hector, a bunch of us are staying at the Holiday Inn in South Boston.
Why not see if you can get a room there? You can cancel 48 hours prior if you don't get in to VIR.

man... $160 a night. And the lodge at VIR is $110! Next time i will book it the prior year :)

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
man... $160 a night. And the lodge at VIR is $110! Next time i will book it the prior year :)

The rooms I booked were 80 bucks a night with 2 doulble beds..

thats 40 bucks a night if you have the bed solo...or less depending on how you want to do it.

add 15 tax, and the entire room is 175 for the weekend...

Ken

BlackStripes

Established Member
The rooms I booked were 80 bucks a night with 2 doulble beds..

thats 40 bucks a night if you have the bed solo...or less depending on how you want to do it.

add 15 tax, and the entire room is 175 for the weekend...

Ken

Yeah, but not in the Holiday inn in South Boston .... I also have a reservation in the Inkeeper in Roxboro ($66)... but it's an extra 20 miles for me.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Actually Dave, I usually come down Rt. 29 from the DC area. A holdover from that being the way to get to Danville, Charlotte, Rockingham, Road Atlanta and Atlanta Intl. in the 70s before the interstate system was completed (half the guys on this forum are scratching their heads right now saying "before the interstate?").

Anyway, that dumps me into Danville. But we got sweet deals in S. Boston.
Nice lookin' pool there, though.

Users who are viewing this thread