NC/SC/GA gathering thurs Dec 30th

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll make it if the weather doesn't suck.

L8Braker thanks for the address!

N20LS1Brandon

Established Member
If the weather is good I don't think there will be any problem with turnout.

And also if you don't want to eat at Quaker Steak there is about 5 other resturants right beside it that anybody can eat at as well. Also that should give us plenty of room to get everyone that wants to come in.

89lxfoxbody

20 second club
Established Member
blownthis said:
Hum...I saw this thread on the Supra forums...and seems from some of those Supras, us mustang guys/gals were not really welcome?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=244927

This was the reason I decided not to go. not flaming the Supra guys of course, but I understand if they don't want a bunch of Mustangs/F-bodies showing up to one of 'thier' gatherings.

I see what you're saying. They were talking about meeting up at Concord Mills mall also though. If the Supras want to be by themselves then they can meet up at quaker steak and everyone else meet up at the mall. I don't know how close the mall and quaker steak are to each other but would this work?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
im not gonna worry about it...I replied to them and asked again and it was just a few who thought there would be some ricers coming around. I think it would be interesting for some good power having domestics to show up b/c they are talking about a few high HP supra's coming down. I wasnt trying to hijack their meet by any means...just wanting to hang out and have a good time.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Folks let me know if it looks like there is a cancellation. I'd be infuriated to show up and some smartass say, "You weren't invited". It would make me want to leave hot Nitto boogers on all over their cars!
I love HP whether it's a remote control nitous car to a alcohol dragster, must have power! It would be kind of neat to see some of the new innovations the youngsters are into with their puny engines...LOL :poke:

L8Braker

Established Member
N20LS1Brandon, what other eating joints are around Quaker Steak and Lube? Concord is big enough for two enthusiasts car groups to meet.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
There's Hooters, right next door, then a string of restaurants across the interstate at the mall...so if they turn out to be pricks about the whole "only Supra's" then we'll just go over to the other side...then maybe some of them will wanna run...got to be careful though, i heard there are a couple of high HP Supra's coming (that's why Ive asked a few Vipers to show up :rockon: )

L8Braker

Established Member
I finally got onto Supra forums today and viewed thier posts, I did not realize they already had this meet scheduled, but most of them do seem open to having all makes and models showing up. If the weather is nice, I have a feeling a lot of cars will be there so it should be cool.

Someone be sure to bring a video camera.

tkiller

Established Member
Sorry, but I think it's silly for people to ask permission to go to a public place. Supra meet or not, I think some of those guys are close-minded. I want to see some high-HP Supras. I want to see some high-HP Camaro's, Cobra's, whatever.

Most seem OK with it. Maybe the others are scared?

:poke:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I agree...some people just want to be selfish...i mean in all honesty, its not every weekend that you get people with nice looking (some fast) cars all together, especially in the daytime...who knows, I just hope to get a couple more mods on before the meet :p

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll try and be there at 3pm and take the parking lot by force. But if they start whining, and i hope not, Hooters ain't a bad place to park and look and eat and look, and drink and drool...I mean look!

:beer:

N20LS1Brandon

Established Member
Hey guys come on out. I am one of the people that helped organize the meet. Like torrey said they just didn't want a bunch of ricers showing up talking alot of crap. I don't have a supra and I will be there, some come on out and have a good time.

Like Dale said there is always hooters if you need to go there:)

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just installed the intercooler resevoir. It's a matte finish to match the aluminum radiator.
If someone can post the pic I'd appreciate it. I'm a basic computer dummy. Let me know and I'll PM the pix to ya.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do you guys know a tuner named david laxton in the Charlotte area? he did the first work on my car. He used to detail collectors cars and tune Lightnings then shortly after doing my car he went straight into tuning. Good guy to work with.

boosted99si

Established Member
the mall and quaker steak are about 200 yards away 2 traffic lights or so and a bridge to go over is all that it is....you can see both from either one

Users who are viewing this thread