need a quick guess about a race

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
this idiot i know has a 01 cobra and he thinks its soooo fast. he wants to race my g/f's trans am. who do you think would win?
2001 cobra bone stock with a dumb 18yo driver (aka not perfect launches) v.s.
2002 trans am ws6 ram air automatic with the 3.42 rear gear bone stock, with pirelli p zero 275width tires.

please be honest...

Last edited:

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
rumor is that he had it at the track once and he was running mid 14's on a hot day, and he finally made one 13.8 pass, but i guess he toasted his trans or clutch in the process cuz 3rd gear was grinding hard...i guess he made 17 or so passes that day, one after another, not letting the car and clutch cool down

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
WS6 FTW- with a competant driver the Cobra would have a fighting chance. But gears and RWHP alone give a huge advantage to the WS6.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I just noticed that the TA is an auto. Now I've raced 2 TA that were auto in my
Bolt on 97 Cobra and smoked both from a dig because the drivers did not know how to torque load. They just floored it and spun. Soooooo.......if equal drivers slight advantage to the ws6. I don't know how well stock auto TA's do from a roll. Perhapse someone can chime in on that.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
^Yes they were. The TA could only have 3.42's if someone added them in. As for the race, the TA will definitely win. Even with equal drivers, I would put money on the LS1 since we're talking strip racing, and obviously by the description the Cobra driver is a dipsh!t. A 3.23 geard WS6 will suck from a roll(my SS did stock) anything below 35 mph is ok, but higher than that and its a slug.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
apparently the ws6 must be some special edition because the window sticker actually said 3.42 (or 3.4x.... i cant remember). i thought that seemed like a pretty decent gear for an auto from the factory... i should check into that. but as for stock with both cars, i mean stock down to paper air filters. the cobra has some cheezy discount tires and the ws6 has wider 275 pirelli p-zeros

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
lol. woah on the 18yr old drivers

i am am 18

best time on street tires is a 13.3 sumthin

however last time at the track there was a ws6 that i seen run a best of 13.6 sumthin

Jroc

Established Member
No dout the T/A should be the faster car, but don't go half steppin, because he might get you if you do.

Users who are viewing this thread