Need a rear end look update - what to get?

what to do?

• keep as is

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • make it look more like a racecar by adding an APR carbon wing

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • go full Cobra clone by adding Cobra bumper and spoiler

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • go with a Saleen rear bumper

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • get rid of the Steeda wing for ...

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
1. Saleen rear wing would be a good choice
2. Cobra rear bumper is a must, whether you fill the letters or not
3. Remove all decals. Do not wrap, that color is very nice.
4. Replace mirrors with 03 Cobra mirrors
5. I would change the wheels too but not a must.

1. sticks a bit far out the back to me, currently looking for Cobra trunk lid and spoiler
2. I will talk to a local paint shop about filling the letters, I don't want to drive around with Cobra on the bumper if it is a GT
3. Decals will come off in winter. I will wrap it, my paint is not in great shape and I want something crazy.
4. already done as written in the original post
5. Saving up for a set of HRE R101s - may take a while though

Sn95Snake

Established Member
1. sticks a bit far out the back to me, currently looking for Cobra trunk lid and spoiler
2. I will talk to a local paint shop about filling the letters, I don't want to drive around with Cobra on the bumper if it is a GT
3. Decals will come off in winter. I will wrap it, my paint is not in great shape and I want something crazy.
4. already done as written in the original post
5. Saving up for a set of HRE R101s - may take a while though

Going with all of these would make it look like a completely different car.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Pre-wrap pics - Cobra trunk and wing installed, decals removed.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78e.jpg

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the looks of the terminator rear, its subtle but it works. Less decals, if its not sponsors, it shouldn't be on the car(as in they PAY you to have it on there). No need for wild rice look when a clean sleeper will take care of business

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Love the rims on it and that's great you are going to Cobra mirrors, always a nice touch for this year of Mustang.

Love the change made to it.

Machdup1

Established Member
Twin 76mm Turbos, forged motor, built transmission, built rear end. Horsepower is better than looks..

Just my .02.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Twin 76mm Turbos, forged motor, built transmission, built rear end. Horsepower is better than looks..

Just my .02.

well, I do totally agree, BUT I don't live in the States where you can mod the heck ouf your car without anyone caring. I live in Switzerland where every single mod needs to be legalised and pass inspection.
Looks at least make a slow car look cool ;)

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
When I had my 01 Cobra I always dreamed of a "duckbill" style spoiler for it; something molded in to the trunk lid like the classic fastbacks. Has anyone ever seen this on a new edge/terminator? I always thought of the Saleen s281 wing combined with the 03 terminator spoiler with an added slight upturn

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about on the classics:
Gt%20350%20Shelby%20rear.jpg

60388539.jpg

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Nice to see you still have your project car/baby. I still wish you would have purchased my cobra. I know the convertible was not for you however something for the shop. Its funny how I recall back in 1993 and 1994 the majority of the mustangs running around were fox bodies and not loved kike the mustang of the 60s in Europe. 10 years later in 2003 and 2004 our cars were unique and quite rare in Europe but increased in popularity. In 2007/2008 the mustang became increasingly more popular. Now in 2015-2017 you can purchase one from the dealership. I hear they sold all of the allocations early on.

As I know you and the shop, your car would always be best as a radical but subtle (looking) beast. Enough to draw attention and admiration from the customers at the shop among all the high horsepower & high tech popular mustangs of today.

REPRESENT the SN95 stangs!! Our generation mustang contributed and helped pave the way for the cars of today.

That said I loved the decals and logo but the clean look is welcome. The 03 cobra bumper is the cleanest look in my opinion. If you can get your hands on one I would install and not remove the COBRA letters.

RayInPits1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread