Need help. Car hesitating at high rpm pulls

2SiKGT500

Established Member
I need help finding what is going on with my car. At a good 4th gear pull at wot im getting a hesitation at around 4000rpms all the way to redline. First off my modes are JLT 123mm intake,2.6 pulley,Jon lund tune. I thought my problem was my plugs. I had tr6's gapped at .32 then .28 and no changes. I then installed tr7's gapped at .27. Still no change. I changed my tune from Jon lund tune to my JLT tune and no change. Here is a video of what its doing. Please watch and hopfully somebody knws whats going on. Thanks. YouTube

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I need help finding what is going on with my car. At a good 4th gear pull at wot im getting a hesitation at around 4000rpms all the way to redline. First off my modes are JLT 123mm intake,2.6 pulley,Jon lund tune. I thought my problem was my plugs. I had tr6's gapped at .32 then .28 and no changes. I then installed tr7's gapped at .27. Still no change. I changed my tune from Jon lund tune to my JLT tune and no change. Here is a video of what its doing. Please watch and hopfully somebody knws whats going on. Thanks.

did you do any data logs?

also I hope you just didn't include the "0" in the above gaps... .027?

2SiKGT500

Established Member
Fuel filter has been changed 4months ago. Im going to try to datalog it this weekend. Im not sure if its the belt slipping. It started doing that a few months ago so i installed a divisionx aux idler and it stopped for a few weeks and now it is back. So i ordered a shorter belt from yall at VMP. Just havnt installed it yet.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
id go back to the tr6 plugs....the br7efs didnt last long on the dyno in my car...was getting a distinct hesitation with them aswell went back to tr6 and the car pulled like a freight train....your problem may not be the plugs at all but had brand new br7ef in my and it didnt like them...

2SiKGT500

Established Member
It has 19,000 miles. Changed fuel filter at 15,000 miles. I started my car today and now i hear a squeake sound on the pulley on the supercharger.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
get a spray bottle, spray some water on the belt, if the noise goes away, replace the belt

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Uh..... Dyno, traction control off.

Street, traction control on.

Unless you're in temps over 60f, it's probably tire slip and your traction control is taking over.

Bingo.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Uh..... Dyno, traction control off.

Street, traction control on.

Unless you're in temps over 60f, it's probably tire slip and your traction control is taking over.

Bingo.

reasonable thought, but 4th gear at 4000 rpm? (hard for me to compare as I've never driven mine on street tires or in the 550 whp range) that's like 85-90 mph on a 27" tire

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
reasonable thought, but 4th gear at 4000 rpm? (hard for me to compare as I've never driven mine on street tires or in the 550 whp range) that's like 85-90 mph on a 27" tire

Possible. And possible that tc is whacked. I've seen it a couple of times. Just bizarre.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Van@RevanRacing

I need help finding what is going on with my car. At a good 4th gear pull at wot im getting a hesitation at around 4000rpms all the way to redline. First off my modes are JLT 123mm intake,2.6 pulley,Jon lund tune. I thought my problem was my plugs. I had tr6's gapped at .32 then .28 and no changes. I then installed tr7's gapped at .27. Still no change. I changed my tune from Jon lund tune to my JLT tune and no change. Here is a video of what its doing. Please watch and hopfully somebody knws whats going on. Thanks. YouTube

I'm thinking your catalytic converters are on their way out or already done. It sounds like boost lag because of the back pressure in the system.

Do you have access to an off road x pipe or remove the stock x-pipe and do a visual inspection of the catalytic converters.

Van

2SiKGT500

Established Member
No sorry. But i am going get the cats removed tomarrow. Im hoping it might fix the problem. Thanks everybody for the input. @Van if u need anybody to test the TVS on a 08 gt500 just let me knw. LoL

Van@RevanRacing

No sorry. But i am going get the cats removed tomarrow. Im hoping it might fix the problem. Thanks everybody for the input. @Van if u need anybody to test the TVS on a 08 gt500 just let me knw. LoL

let us know how the cats look and I hope that fixes your problem. If they do look bad I would replace the spark plugs again and I recommend TR6's gapped at .030 and so does Lund. I've been getting a lot of offers to test my 2013 TVS. LOL

2SiKGT500

Established Member
I didnt get to remove the cat's but i did change the fuel filter. It was bad. I tried blowing throu it and nothing was coming out.It started running better so now Im going to run some injector cleaner throu it and then change the plugs again and see if it helps it out. I will keep u posted.

Users who are viewing this thread