Need help cel on. P0068 fault and maf voltage invalid

fha8388

Established Member
Check engine light came on. Hooked my sct programmer monitored my maf voltage and it said invalid. Has anyone ran into this problem. I have mafia extender on it.

fha8388

Established Member
Yeah I chk all my plugs to sensors. But did not clean out maf sensor. Ill try that today.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
they make a spray that you can get at just about any auto parts store. it comes in an aerosol can, and it is actualled called "maf cleaner"....or...you can also just get a q-tip and some alcohol, and soak the q-tip, then gently rub it across the maf wire/sensor. no need to apply much pressure, b/c you dont want to break the wire...just gently rub/roll the q-tip in your fingers.

once you have the maf cleaned, see if you are still having the issues.

let us know how it goes

fha8388

Established Member
your code sends you to tps....in the pinpoint test?

was this your only code?

Only had that fault. Chk my tps voltage on my sct scanner. Its showing 1.8 volts key on engine off. I read that it should be .9 volts. So drilled the holes on my tps sensor to try and adjust . Still could not get it down to .9 volts. Got it to 1.1 volts. Accufab single blade tb

hotcobra03

Established Member
Only had that fault. Chk my tps voltage on my sct scanner. Its showing 1.8 volts key on engine off. I read that it should be .9 volts. So drilled the holes on my tps sensor to try and adjust . Still could not get it down to .9 volts. Got it to 1.1 volts. Accufab single blade tb

wow crazy ...did you reset codes after working on tps?

i recall reading any time you work with fuel type of things that the pcm always needs resetting,,,,

these small issues get crazy....you have changed maf and throttle body from stock form which manual is written to follow untill small changes...

as you seen from searching already...

do you know anyone with a handheld you can borrow to see if it reads maf of tps differently than you have now?

hotcobra03

Established Member

koeo does the tps read thru to 5v...4.??? when you move throttle to wot?...

cobracide

Established Member
wow crazy ...did you reset codes after working on tps?

i recall reading any time you work with fuel type of things that the pcm always needs resetting,,,,

these small issues get crazy....you have changed maf and throttle body from stock form which manual is written to follow untill small changes...

as you seen from searching already...

do you know anyone with a handheld you can borrow to see if it reads maf of tps differently than you have now?

TPS is just a sensor, I dial it in with my the Aeroforce Throttle Volts key on ignition off. You will need to "slot" the tps to get a clockwise/counterclockwise motion. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3128-another-lfp-sbtb-issue.html#post10446885 No need to keep resetting the pcm. Just reset it initially to clear the code, set the TPS and let the car learn for a couple weeks. See where you are at then.

Last edited:

fha8388

Established Member
koeo does the tps read thru to 5v...4.??? when you move throttle to wot?...

I did not try that. So will the tps voltage affect the maf voltage. I have a sct scanner and monitored my parameters, maf voltage is showing invalid, is it because the tps voltage

fha8388

Established Member
Cleaned out maf sensor. Hooked up sct and started to datalog. It says maf voltage invalid and maf counts invalid. P0068 not active

hotcobra03

Established Member
i would suggest just reading thru pinpoint test...something might make more sence to you...read it slowly and in full,,,read it over again....i like to follow pinpoint test going in both directions,,,yes,,,than no... than go from there...

P0068 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)/Mass Air Flow (MAF) - Throttle Position Correlation
Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by
comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during a key on engine
running (KOER) self-test, the comparison of the throttle position (TP) sensor and MAF
sensor readings are not consistent with the calibrated load values, the test fails and a
DTC is stored in continuous memory.
Possible
Causes:
 Air leak between MAF sensor and throttle body
 TP sensor not seated properly
 Damaged TP sensor
 Damaged MAF sensor
Diagnostic Aids: Diagnose any MAP, MAF, or TP circuit DTCs first. Drive the vehicle and exercise the
throttle and the TP sensor in all gears. A TP PID less than 4.82% (0.24 volt) with a
LOAD PID greater than 55%, or a TP PID greater than 49.05% (2.44 volts) with a
LOAD PID less than 30% indicates a concern is present.
Application Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory
Vehicles With
Electronic Throttle
Control (ETC)
— GO to Pinpoint Test DV . GO to Pinpoint Test DV .
All others — GO to Pinpoint Test DH . GO to Pinpoint Test DH .
P0097 -

heres 2 links to read from 1 chiltons which covers 03...2 is 2005up manual...same story just some changes for newer motors

chiltons
Gale Cengage Product Failure

2005-up
fyi free broweable manual
Ford Service Manuals - 2005

hotcobra03

Established Member
you said when you switched tunes this started,,,

calibrated load values,,,this has to be whats changed in the tune...

have you went back to older tune ,,or did you make changes and now your really starting over,,and cant go back to old tune because of parts changed?

fha8388

Established Member
The fault was active 2 days ago and I already had the e85 tune. Just reflashed to same tune. And fault went inactive. Fault is not active anymore. And the car hesitates when I rev it up quickly. Im gona chk my power and ground tommorow goin to the maf mafia extender . And chk the factory maf connector

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
The "invalid" MAF voltage is common I believe. Mine shows "invalid" on my X3 and doesn't read on my older Aeroforce scan gauge. However, my MAF counts read fine. Make sure your tuner has the most up to date firmware and try reading again.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
fwiw...

i got a preadator handheld..its plug and play...

ive seen some threads on sct 2 and 3...that some have to follow different steps when installing tunes...could be a long shot but...

the last thing you really touched was your handheld...

i would expect more codes if things were bad...

Users who are viewing this thread