Need help deciding on next car/setup

alex12gt

Established Member
You're a ****ing tool making assumptions. I don't need attention, just wanted ppl's opinions. I've worked on and have done all the mods to all of my vehicles. I've done 6.0/procharger swaps on friends silverado's and installed all the mods on my old bolt-on/cammed/nitrous hemi and 09 R/T transmission swap. GTFO of my thread with your useless comments.

Hes a ford tech and knows everything about anything :beer:

badblackhemi

Established Member
I don't care who he is. Never stated that I knew more than him about cars or was more intelligent. Being a Ford tech I wish he would've given me a little more usefull info about some of the cars I was interested in. I was in no means trying to show off or get attention. I am lucky enough to have worked hard, saved some money and at 25 finally be able to get a car to fulfill my need for speed at a road course as well as 1/4 mile track. I know what I want to do with it and was looking for a little more help from a guy in his position than an insult.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I tend to run my cars at the track pretty frequently, but DD usage also and rack up a lot of miles. For me it's worth it to get the creature comforts even if the added weight costs a few tenths.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I was torn between the GT and the Boss when I bought. I don't go to the track so my choice was made a bit easier.

I ended up with a GT/CS because mine is a DD and I wanted the leather,Sync along with the other goodies.

If I was in your shoes I would go with the boss along with the plans you already mentioned.

badblackhemi

Established Member
I was torn between the GT and the Boss when I bought. I don't go to the track so my choice was made a bit easier.

I ended up with a GT/CS because mine is a DD and I wanted the leather,Sync along with the other goodies.

If I was in your shoes I would go with the boss along with the plans you already mentioned.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. If it wasn't for me wanting to enjoy road course outings my choice would be easy.

zemog255

Established Member
Yeah man, you're right. I lied, I can't even change a battery...Lol. How's the car running man?

haha its running pretty well going to try and get in the 10's this weekend.

Just for my opinion I like options.. Thats hy I didn't say the boss. Its a sick car no doubt with alot of to offer but I couldn't go back to a base model. I tried to with this car but I knew I would get bored of the base model.

badblackhemi

Established Member
haha its running pretty well going to try and get in the 10's this weekend.

Just for my opinion I like options.. Thats hy I didn't say the boss. Its a sick car no doubt with alot of to offer but I couldn't go back to a base model. I tried to with this car but I knew I would get bored of the base model.

You have an auto right?
And yeah the options are nice. The more I think about it, I'm a car guy, I'll be happy with any decision I make. Whether it be modding mine or getting another one. I'm not a professional racer it doesn't have to be set up perfect for any type of racing and it still will be my DD. I think i've just been over thinking the whole thing. lol.

zemog255

Established Member
Yep, I just like racing in a straight line lol although I'm going to a road course next weekend to try it out. I have select shift haha.

badblackhemi

Established Member
Yep, I just like racing in a straight line lol although I'm going to a road course next weekend to try it out. I have select shift haha.
Where and what day exactly? I know the select shift will make it better than a regular auto but I would still perfer the M6. If I can make it out there I'll meet up with you and let you drive my car. It's not supercharged like your's but I'll let you see the fun factor it has. lol

zemog255

Established Member
Its at eagle caynon in Decatur.Its March 2nd. Its not a normal track day. Its a free event to check out the track type thing. They make you go through the class room instruction and all of that. Won't be getting to go all out but they said they will keep a some what sprinted pace. My cars pretty boring unless its on a real tire but you can give it a shot if its a good concrete road 60-70 roll hook usually.

pohnjarker

Established Member
personally, id stick with your ride and beef it up and throw on a Paxton unless you're looking at a TVS. the only difference between a Boss and your ride is the forged internals since you said you're going to redo the suspension anyways.

and yes, i can outrun a new stock GT500 with my setup for much less. only reason to buy a shelby is for off the shelf performance and the name but you definitely pay for it.

my ride will be setup for the drag strip when im done with it, but would also like to try a road course one day. looks like fun. i dont expect to compete with my setup, just to have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread