Need help deciding on next car/setup

badblackhemi

Established Member
Ok, I've spent weeks trying to make a decision and flat out can't make up my mind. I go back and forth a good 10 times a day.
First off my plans are about 70% 1/4 mile/straight line performance/DD. The other 30% will be at road courses. I would get the A6 in a heartbeat if I didn't want to take the car to a road course every now and then. Right now I have a 2011 GT/CS M6 3.73's. It's fully loaded with almost every option besides the glass roof, so it's a heavy pig.
My options so far:
1.) Keep my car and add a full suspension setup to it, supercharge it, and maybe drop some weight.
2.) 2013 boss 302. Maybe add a few more suspension parts and supercharge it. I want the supercharger b/c of the 1/4 mile trips I will take. I could do twin's but the road course trips are making me lean more towards the supercharger. Comments welcome! Also, if the boss had a few more creature comforts it would've won hands down. This car will also serve as my DD and I really like my current cars interior...
3.) 2011 GT-500 with full bolt-on's and suspension
4.) Stock 2013 GT-500 with suspension mods only and maybe intake/exhaust/pully/tune
The only reason I'm not dead set on the GT-500's is b/c of weight...
As you can see, it's really just coming down to what I want to give up- creature comforts vs. weight...
Just want to hear you guy's opinions and what you would do if you had the option.
I'm posting this here b/c I think the Boss/GT-500 sections are waayyy to biased.

badblackhemi

Established Member
It's a little bit of an issue. Obviously if I get the GT-500 I'll be able to do less mods all at once. Everything won't happen all at once. The '13 GT-500 will be the slowest process to mod. '13 Boss will most likely get a suspension upgrade as soon as purchased and if I keep my car it will get suspension asap and supercharger/trans upgrade soon after.

alex12gt

Established Member
How can you not figure this out on you own?

X2 let alone listen to peoples opinion you dont even know........

If weight is such a big issue pull some out when you go to the track and as far as comforts you have what sync,heated seats and power seats.....i had a 11prem and traded for a 12 base and miss nothing and it was 5k cheaper......what you have is fine but if you have to piss some cash more power to ya but make it worth it

Last edited:

badblackhemi

Established Member
B/c of all the extra weight of the GT-500. From what I've read, the Boss is right there with the GT-500 on the road course, supercharge the boss and it will destroy it on either tracks. I'm just not sure on the stripped down interior. If I wasn't wanting to go to the road course it'd be a way easier choice. And to Alex, what else is the forum for but to hear out other ppl's opinions? That's why we ask questions right? I don't want someone to just tell me "do this" I want to hear reason's why they would chose one or the other. Obviously everyone is sayint '13 GT-500 b/c of the 5.8L and 662hp from the factory. Supercharge a 5.0 and it will beat the '13 GT-500

zemog255

Established Member
What does your car weight? I'd either keep it your current car and mod it or get a GT500 and do a few boltons and enjoy it.

badblackhemi

Established Member
I haven't weighed it, but if I keep it, I will be swapping the front seats for some CR1's and get a FULL suspension swap losing a good bit of weight there. The '13 GT-500 won't see any mods for a good while after a catch up from the hefty downpayment I'll have to pay. Obviously with the GT-500 I will just buy it and enjoy it as is. With the Boss or my current car it will get heavily modded and raced as well as be faster than the 500. I will most likely be able to afford a built shortblock if I keep my GT/CS

badblackhemi

Established Member
X2 let alone listen to peoples opinion you dont even know........

If weight is such a big issue pull some out when you go to the track and as far as comforts you have what sync,heated seats and power seats.....i had a 11prem and traded for a 12 base and miss nothing and it was 5k cheaper......what you have is fine but if you have to piss some cash more power to ya but make it worth it

See this is what I was looking for. Thanks for your input. I actually love my sync heated and power seats. I think it sounds hard to give them up b/c I already have them, but looking back, my last truck didn't have sync or heated seats and it was never a problem. I guess I need to go test drive some cars. A boss 302 LS with a supercharger/smaller pully/fuel upgrade would probably take care of all my needs. From what I've heard about the driving experience around a track, I will soon forget about creature comforts after driving one.

alex12gt

Established Member
See this is what I was looking for. Thanks for your input. I actually love my sync heated and power seats. I think it sounds hard to give them up b/c I already have them, but looking back, my last truck didn't have sync or heated seats and it was never a problem. I guess I need to go test drive some cars. A boss 302 LS with a supercharger/smaller pully/fuel upgrade would probably take care of all my needs. From what I've heard about the driving experience around a track, I will soon forget about creature comforts after driving one.

Well i never used sync, my cloth seats dont freeze my butt, and how often do you move your seat?

Like i said ive got the a 12 base....my fiance has a 12 v6 prem so i use both often and only reason i use the heated seats in hers is because that cold leather is like sitting on ice at first

badblackhemi

Established Member
I hear you on the leather, that's why I love my seat warmers. Thought about it and cloth wouldn't have that problem like the leather in the winter time. I just know my need for speed and I think modding my current car or a boss will make me faster at both tracks for the same amount of money. Being able to sink 25K into my car or 15K into a '13 boss 302 vs. a stock '13 GT-500

alex12gt

Established Member
I hear you on the leather, that's why I love my seat warmers. Thought about it and cloth wouldn't have that problem like the leather in the winter time. I just know my need for speed and I think modding my current car or a boss will make me faster at both tracks for the same amount of money. Being able to sink 25K into my car or 15K into a '13 boss 302 vs. a stock '13 GT-500

Mine may have a set of cr1 seats eventually but am putting a new motor in and saving for a down payment for a focus st have kinda put seat and unneeded items on the back burner

badblackhemi

Established Member
If I keep my car it will def. get some CR1's and lose a bunch of weight. Leaning more towards keeping my car and building the motor/suspension/FI or getting a '13 boss with FI. For the price I think I'd be happier and spend less money. Money is more of an issue than I let on. I could swing the '13 GT-500 but would be BROKE all the time. Would be alot easier to use my downpayment $$$ on mods to my car or boss and have a much lower monthly payment

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
How about just going and driving one. Stop trying to get attention. Especially from people who might know how to change a battery.

zemog255

Established Member
Yeah!! How dare you come in here and start a discussion and brainstorm with fellow mustang guys!!!! We have better shit to read and tell people they're wrong about!!!

badblackhemi

Established Member
How about just going and driving one. Stop trying to get attention. Especially from people who might know how to change a battery.

You're a ****ing tool making assumptions. I don't need attention, just wanted ppl's opinions. I've worked on and have done all the mods to all of my vehicles. I've done 6.0/procharger swaps on friends silverado's and installed all the mods on my old bolt-on/cammed/nitrous hemi and 09 R/T transmission swap. GTFO of my thread with your useless comments.

Users who are viewing this thread