Need help diagnosing Brembo Screeching

Mat5.0

Established Member
The hawk ceramics are pretty good so far. I'm usually very very good about maintaining a good stopping distance
Actually the only time I've been scared was the other day racing a C7. He cut over into my lane and slammed his brakes to avoid someone hitting him and I had to get on mine very hard. Still had the semis and slotted rotors though, but the bite was extremely sharp. Hopefully don't run into that situation again! Not sure id have the necessary bite to keep myself out of his bumper this time. That said, the ceramics from hawk don't feel like they lost top much, even with the solid rotor

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
Happened to me. Had to RE-resurface my stock rotors and ended up ordering new pads as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same sound from my Brembos. Did you ever find a solution? I'm running StopTech slotted rotors and pads and am ready to tear them off and go back to stock due to the terrible noise.

chris_302

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same sound from my Brembos. Did you ever find a solution? I'm running StopTech slotted rotors and pads and am ready to tear them off and go back to stock due to the terrible noise.

Make sure your piston isn't dragging, mine was dragging after 15k miles.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
My chevrolet ss squeals bad most of the time with the stock brembos and so does my buddies car.

Users who are viewing this thread