Need Help!!!! Going crazy 2.9 FRPP

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Vaccume leak is all i keep coming up with. Maybe something isnt fully seated. EVAP lines and EGR are still complete on the car?

ONTHJUG

Established Member
Vaccume leak is all i keep coming up with. Maybe something isnt fully seated. EVAP lines and EGR are still complete on the car?

Yep and hooked up working normal not leaking anything. Makes great power and boost past the 65-75% throttle mark,issue comes in around 20% throttle,idles awesome and runs normal until that range.

We are trying a different tune file from another tuner,update to follow,

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Discussed with tuner via e/mail. He says none of the logs or parameters look like an issue. TPS,EGR,fuel trims all look normal.

Here is the kicker. When this occurs at partial throttle and engine surges boost gauge moves with surge, back and fourth from 0 to 5. Now this just may be due to engine speed and blower trying to make boost. I am at a loss. We will bring it back to our shop and start going over all of the install. Any thoughts please.

The boost gauge on these cars is inferred based on inputs from various sensors including the MAF. So if you're getting boost gauge fluctuation when not in boost, I'd suspect you're possibly getting some turbulence over the MAF like mentioned before. It's just a shot in the dark, as a datalog would show that. Try repositioning the filter, swapping the filter, or even removing the filter for a minute to help diagnose the problem.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
The boost gauge on these cars is inferred based on inputs from various sensors including the MAF. So if you're getting boost gauge fluctuation when not in boost, I'd suspect you're possibly getting some turbulence over the MAF like mentioned before. It's just a shot in the dark, as a datalog would show that. Try repositioning the filter, swapping the filter, or even removing the filter for a minute to help diagnose the problem.

Hey Dan definitely try moving the filter. The MAF are very particular.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Can't believe no one has suggested it yet, but have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few (15-20) minutes? I disconnected mine during the install; only took 5 minutes. When I started/drove the car the first few minutes, there was mild surge on idle. I did three driving/key cycles all within about 20 minutes or so and by the end, it was driving perfectly; every bit as smooth as the 65mm twin blade it replaced. And I haven't even had it retuned.

ONTHJUG

Established Member
Ok here it is. We moved filter,removed ram air tube,cked over everything. Got a tune sent to me via another tuner. (Name with held for now) his tune basically fixed it to a point as much as a tune e/mailed from another vehicle can. It is 95% better. Not having any TB problems now.

More to come.

Last edited:

ONTHJUG

Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies but in the end all of my issues were tune related. Person who was attempting to tune was not the correct person. Dan at Pro Dyno nailed this set up. Car made 692/608. Besides that my drivability is better than stock!!!! Throttle is so crisp and smooth, this tuner knows his Fords.

Users who are viewing this thread