Need help with purchase of my first 13-14 GT500

RJH

E2DD3995-C9EC-4551-A995-1E4B62EF2292.jpeg
C3A53B97-FB37-45B0-8E04-2F648F5C63C0.jpeg
new to the forums I’m looking to buy my first 13-14 Shelby GT500. I want one with low miles and I want a all stock one. I found one somewhat local on Craigslist. These are two pics he listed on his ad. Says the car is all stock with 2000 miles and he’s the original owner. I question the exhaust and the boot on throttle body, from all my research the GT500 came with H-Pipe. Could these peices be factory like he’s saying or should I look for a different car. Thanks for any help

djniknala

Established Member
It looks to have a JLT carbon fiber(or hydrodipped) intake or resonator delete. That is definitely not the stock midpipe.

Clemson

Established Member
Looks super clean. I wouldnt necessarily be too worried about a res delete tube or mid pipe, but car def isnt 100% bone stock.

raustin0017

Established Member
Welcome to the best car forum in the universe! Stock does not come with Carbon Fiber CAI tube or polished TB. Mid pipe is not stock. Call the guy and tell him to just tell you the truth about the bolt on he added and what tune he running. Then make your decision. Should be between $45-50K max no matter how many miles. Good luck hunting...you will find the perfect beast for you.

djniknala

Established Member
Welcome to the best car forum in the universe! Stock does not come with Carbon Fiber CAI tube or polished TB. Mid pipe is not stock. Call the guy and tell him to just tell you the truth about the bolt on he added and what tune he running. Then make your decision. Should be between $45-50K max no matter how many miles. Good luck hunting...you will find the perfect beast for you.

Great advice!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/2014-mustang-shelby-gt500/6554985162.html

Here’s a link to the car. Thanks in advance for any help. The seller will only communicate thru text I’ve tried calling and he said he can’t talk till weekend. Kinda seems odd. I just want to be sure I’m buying what I want a clean low mileage untouched GT500

I would pass. The seller is not up front and you already have a hard time getting in contact with him. The car is not stock. There are better deals on this site for 13-14 gt500

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Hard to tell from the angle but it looks like he's running an aftermarket belt tensioner which probably means it's pullied

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Go look the car in person first, Basic little mods aren't a big deal. Do a carfax on it also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It looks to be in awesome condition, as it should with only 2K miles on it. Absolutely no reason to skip this one. I would at least go look at it. That's a no-brainer. You can ask him in person about the minor mods you're seeing in the pics. He's "asking" $52,500 so he'll entertain a decent offer. It's a gem. It's apparently within driving distance. That makes it really silly to skip it and move on. I mean, really bro! You should be able to drive to the guy's house to see it. You've got nothing to lose looking at it. Now if he can't let you see it, now THAT would be a huge red flag. But that is not likely to happen.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I would pass. The seller is not up front and you already have a hard time getting in contact with him. The car is not stock. There are better deals on this site for 13-14 gt500

+2

The OP's criteria has already not been met.

Low mileage = check
Clean = ?
Untouched = Red Flag

Users who are viewing this thread