need help!

Stupercharged

Established Member
at the track tonight and im pulling into the staging lanes and all of the sudden this nasty noise like grinding/screeching comes from the front of the car when i turn my wheel. so i stop and hit the brakes and it does it when i hit the brakes too. im wondering if anyone has had this problem and if its my rack and pinion or if its my brake/power steering booster? i really dont wana pay a shop $100 bucks to diagnose but i also dont wana throw parts at it and end up paying more for parts i dont need. please help me if anybody knows!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your best bet is to have someone local look at it. Any clubs around your area where someone might take a ride with you? You'll get some good possibilities here (like Jason's) but in the end you have to diagnose exactly what's going on with your own car.

Stupercharged

Established Member
thanks i guess ill just have to suck it up n pay to get it diagnosed. has anyone changed out the pump, rack, or booster and know how difficult it is?

Stupercharged

Established Member
anyone know of a how to on this? do i have to drop anything or is this something that cant/shoudnt be done in your garage?

Stupercharged

Established Member
i am first thing tomorrow morning im bringing it in to the shop. but i wanted to know ahead of time if it was the pump if i could do it myself or if i should just have them do it?

Users who are viewing this thread