Need opinions please! DIB 2013 GT500

Chase_

Established Member
I do not say much on here as I am still a very new "owner" on this forum but I am constantly reading threads in the 13/14 gt500 section. I would really appreciate some opinions on this. As you can see in my sig, my car has very limited modifications with 32k miles. I have pulleys, TB, o/r midpipe, 4.10s, and Lund tune in the garage waiting to be installed. Then I run across this ad in Dallas (Texas Hot Rides) for the color I REALLY REALLY wanted along with plenty of bolt ons already installed. The car has a built 5.4 but the dealer has no build sheet -__-. I tried reaching out to HPP Racing and they do not recall working on it but do not mind checking everything out for me. Do any of you Texas guys know of the previous owner or seen this car before? With the fuel system equipped, it appears it is ready for a bigger blower. I am strongly considering trading mine in for it. I do more playing around with highway pulls than track use but planned on using my car for both whenever the opportunities pop up. At what difference in cost do you guys believe is fair on the trade in? Both cars SVTPP, Navigation, and electronics package.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Interesting it has a built 5.4 listed when car is a 5.8 oem. Maybe it's a typo? I'd stick with what you have without strong documentation.

Chase_

Established Member
Interesting it has a built 5.4 listed when car is a 5.8 oem. Maybe it's a typo? I'd stick with what you have without strong documentation.

Exactly what I noticed initially. The "dealer" said he believes HPP Racing built it. So I called HPP and they stated they build these motors pretty regularly for our cars and that I would need to bring it in to getting everything looked at. I was hoping someone has seen this car from the Houston/Dallas area or knows the previous owner so that I could reach out and get some more thorough information.

merkyworks

Established Member
More than likely the table that states 5.8 is auto populated with information based off the vin #. I suspect the original 5.8 blew up and the owner couldn't afford to rebuild with a 5.8, so instead went with a iron block 5.4 cause they are much cheaper. Notice it says "FORD RACING BUILT 5.4L FORGED SHORTBLOCK" as in Ford Racing part # M-6009-C54SC4. I personally wouldn't go near that car but thats me.

MastaAce03

Established Member
No way man, you already have the cream of the crop. Would definitely be a downgrade. That car has been for sale for a long ass time for a reason.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd have yours wrapped DIB before buying a car that's got a motor swap. Just my .02

You could do some 'brushed' finish or something to make it unique

At least with your car you know the history, its quirks etc, with a new car you have NO IDEA

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I suspect the original 5.8 blew up and the owner couldn't afford to rebuild with a 5.8, so instead went with a iron block 5.4 cause they are much cheaper. Notice it says "FORD RACING BUILT 5.4L FORGED SHORTBLOCK" as in Ford Racing part # M-6009-C54SC4. I personally wouldn't go near that car but thats me.

+1 to all of this.

Chase_

Established Member
Ok thanks guys. I'm going to just hold onto mine and install the mods I have sitting in the garage to wake her up.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm almost 100% sure that's Kaden Alwazzan or (Kaden_svt) on Instagram old GT500, if it is than midnight performance did a lot of work to it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm almost 100% sure that's Kaden Alwazzan or (Kaden_svt) on Instagram old GT500, if it is than midnight performance did a lot of work to it.

Yep, I was trying to remember the member here whose car was very similar, but my iPad died while responding yesterday. A search here or through Google should find it.
JDM may have done an engine rebuild but if not, I'd hate to think he downgraded to a 5.4

Chase, if you really want that color, they're not making these anymore, so you may want to at least check it out and if it looks and drives right, have it gone through by a reputable local shop.
Still, hard to go away from the current car with a history you know.
Good luck.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Love the red SS stripes too Steve, nice way to finish the look.
Termi not bad looking either.
-J

Chase_

Established Member
Your correct Steve, I found Kaden through some mutual friends here in Houston. The 5.4 was built by BPS and I'm sure Manuel did majority of the bolt on work. He could not remember details on the build and didn't have any paperwork on it so that made the decision to pass easier.

Might just have to Autoflex my car one day if I can't get over not having DIB. 1st world problems

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Your correct Steve, I found Kaden through some mutual friends here in Houston. The 5.4 was built by BPS and I'm sure Manuel did majority of the bolt on work. He could not remember details on the build and didn't have any paperwork on it so that made the decision to pass easier.

Might just have to Autoflex my car one day if I can't get over not having DIB. 1st world problems

I know he had a lot of issues with that car after the new engine went in. If you can't live without DIB GT500, my car is currently for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread