Need opinions

blk02edge

Established Member
I'll keep this short as possible.

-Last year I sold a motor/transmission which came with the harness/ecu/cluster etc.
-We had agree'd on a price prior to him coming, I had held a deposit for 2 months while he gathered the funds, when time came he basically said he was $500 short so that's the deal take it or leave it, needing this gone, I reluctantly agree'd
-he came, from 12hrs away, I helped him load everything up

So 8 months later he messages me asking if I happened to have the cluster laying around, (was all at my parents house, not mine) and yes, it was there. So I said I would ship it out but when I asked him to split the cost (like $15) he basically flipped on me saying I am screwing him over ect. even told me to man up. (which made me see red) still, said he can have it if he splits shipping. Had I been a scammer I would have sold it on ebay and blocked him

It's such a small amount but honestly I thought I was being a good guy offering to even split it... If I'm buying stuff I make damn sure it's all there before I leave. Same thing when I buy from suppliers I have to sign to make sure I received the correct/full material.

Am I an asshole? lol

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was with a friend at a swap meet once and a guy was badgering him to get a taillight for $2 when he was asking $10. When the guy wouldn't go over $2 my friend smashed it and told the guy he prefered that it never ended up in the hands of an asshole.
Dude is an asshole, send him a picture of the destruction.

blk02edge

Established Member
Pretty much sums up what I thought, I was being nice by offering to pay half as I did forget to bring it up as well but the way he reacted to my simple question has me not wanting to give him shit

StrayBullitt

Established Member
LOL above.

.. and what a douche this guy,

idk If I would smash it as awesome as that would be, but I'd tell him the price just went up to full shipping cost.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Send it USPS packaged poorly.

It will arrive 3 weeks late and busted to hell.

Machdup1

Established Member
The terms of your contract/agreement included the cluster, per your post.

You did not provide the cluster.

You are in breech of contract.

Ship the part at your expense.

CV355

_
Established Member
The terms of your contract/agreement included the cluster, per your post.
You did not provide the cluster.
You are in breech of contract.
Ship the part at your expense.

While this is technically true if there was a "real" contract, the original agreement was for the full price if I'm reading OP's story correctly. As soon as either party makes a change from the original stated deal, all bets are off.

OP should politely and succinctly write a letter/email to the buyer stating that the cluster was included in the full, originally-agreed-upon price. Selling at the lower price was a change per the original agreement. If the buyer is upset over paying for half of shipping, or all of shipping, you'd be happy to sell him the cluster for the remaining $500 plus shipping.

Don't let lowlife pieces of scum screw you over and play victim. The world doesn't need them. I wasted a lot of stress over someone that ripped me off 8 years ago. That's how they operate. Don't let them get under your skin.

Machdup1

Established Member
While this is technically true if there was a "real" contract, the original agreement was for the full price if I'm reading OP's story correctly. As soon as either party makes a change from the original stated deal, all bets are off.

OP should politely and succinctly write a letter/email to the buyer stating that the cluster was included in the full, originally-agreed-upon price. Selling at the lower price was a change per the original agreement. If the buyer is upset over paying for half of shipping, or all of shipping, you'd be happy to sell him the cluster for the remaining $500 plus shipping.

Don't let lowlife pieces of scum screw you over and play victim. The world doesn't need them. I wasted a lot of stress over someone that ripped me off 8 years ago. That's how they operate. Don't let them get under your skin.
The agreement included the cluster, OP agreed to the negotiated price. That is offer and acceptance.

The purchaser has a right to be angry, OP did not fulfill the contract. You don’t get to change the terms of an agreement because you failed to hand off the agreed upon items. OP failed to meet his obligation and needs to correct the situation. $15 is peanuts to protect your reputation.

CV355

_
Established Member
The agreement included the cluster, OP agreed to the negotiated price. That is offer and acceptance.

The purchaser has a right to be angry, OP did not fulfill the contract. You don’t get to change the terms of an agreement because you failed to hand off the agreed upon items. OP failed to meet his obligation and needs to correct the situation. $15 is peanuts to protect your reputation.

Was it in writing?

Plus if we want to get overly technical, acceptance was when the buyer drove away without the cluster. Both parties are culpable, but the buyer is being a rank little booger.

Zemedici

Established Member

Buyer is a ********** for KNOWINGLY showing up $500 short to strongarm the guy. I wouldn't have sold him shit.

Dude's a ******. Straight up.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So why didn't you have the cluster available when he showed up? Seems like that was part of the deal.

Completely crappy he showed up $500 short after you held onto the deposit for 2 months. What was the original sale price? If we are talking $3k that's a lot short. If we are talking $10k that's not as bad.

blk02edge

Established Member

That is true, I did agree to the price but since it was a face to face deal with a lot of parts he is at least 50% responsible for making sure everything is there before he left. He knew exactly what was in the deal and I was in no rush to get the guy gone. All I did was ask to split the $30 shipping charge on something he didnt bother to bring up till 8 month later. He will still get the cluster though

Machdup1

Established Member
Buyer is a ********** for KNOWINGLY showing up $500 short to strongarm the guy. I wouldn't have sold him shit.

Dude's a ******. Straight up.

Once agreement occurred, your word is your bond.
Was it in writing?

Plus if we want to get overly technical, acceptance was when the buyer drove away without the cluster. Both parties are culpable, but the buyer is being a rank little booger.

Yes, it is in writing. OP admits it was part of the deal in his first post.

It amazes me that people can justify poor behavior. If OP just took care of delivery at the time of transfer this would not be an issue. He made a mistake that he should correct.

Users who are viewing this thread