Need Prayers From SVTP........PLEASE

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Hey guys. Some of you may or may not know that I am not a religious person. I wish I had faith and could believe, but I don't. I will try praying today though. This thread is not about that though.

This weekend I found out my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer almost eight years ago. She was supposed to take some pill once a day for five years. She took it for two years, the cancer looked like it went away, and she stopped taking it (I have no ****ing clue why she stopped). The only people she told were her sisters (my aunt's) and my dad. She has been dealing with what I though was kidney stone complications the last month or so. The pain for her got worse this past week and she had to go to the emergency room on Friday. She then told my me as well as my brother and sister about the cancer. Doctors now think it is back and aggressively spreading.

This has been the worst week of my life. I thought my mom was going to be fine, but on Friday I got pretty much the worst news I ever wanted to hear. This just goes to show how important health is and how fast it can be taken away.

They ran tests all weekend, so far her brain and bones look okay from what a couple people told us, but we arent 100% positive yet. The doctors were going to review all the tests yesterday and talk to us this afternoon. In about four hours I am going to find out how bad my moms condition is. I havent really slept or eaten in the past four days. This is just the worst experience of my life.

I am asking all those that believe to please send your prayers to my Mom. I will do anything to help her, but there isnt much I can do now except just be there for her. Thanks

UPDATE 6/16: Today the doctor basically confirmed she has Metastatic Breast Cancer (Stage 4). About two months ago my mom had a PET scan and EVERYTHING looked fine. Fast forward to now, just two months later, the cancer has basically exploded and is in the breast, lymph nodes, lungs, liver, and possibly even the bones. The head scan came back clean, so that is good. Our doctor works with his colleagues on all his cancer patients and attends cancer meetings/seminars almost on a daily basis, and when he showed my moms case to other doctors they could hardly believe how fast it came back and spread.

They are going to start doing aggressive chemotherapy by tomorrow at the latest (might even start tonight). Our doctor wants to fight this as aggressively as possible in the beginning stages due to how fast it is spreading, then she will go on a regular regimen if progress shows. She will be starting with a two-drug therapy and will go in once every two weeks (most people start on one drug, and go once every three weeks from my understanding) for treatment. My biggest worry is her liver right now. There isn't much we can even do at this point except be there for her. I assume the next few months are going to be really tough. Maybe some of you with experience can enlighten me on what to expect when chemo starts.

UPDATE 8/11:

So my mom is still fighting. A couple weeks ago things got worse and we lost my grandma (her mom) to what we think was cancer as well. My mom couldn't even make the hour trip to LA for the funeral, it was horrible. On the same day as the funeral she got horrible stomach cramps and had to go back to the hospital because she had an infection caused by the natural bacteria in her stomach. She spent about another week in the hospital getting antibiotics. Over the last couple days she has regained some energy and the cramps have mostly gone away, so we are hoping to resume chemo next week.

So, as of now, there hasn't been too much change. Her kidneys are fully functioning now, but she still has the two bags following her everywhere which is one of the more annoying things for her. The good thing is that we haven't seen any sign on the cancer getting worse than it already was, so that is a very good thing considering how quickly it came about.

I truly thank everyone who sent thoughts/prayers for my mom! Keep em' coming!

Update 9/27:

She passed this morning peacefully with her family at her side. I hope we can all be so lucky. I truly appreciate everyone who sent thoughts and prayers our way. I was lucky to have these last few months with my mom to say some things that needed to be said. Some people never get that chance.

Last edited:

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope everything is okay. I will definitely pray for your family; please keep us updated (as much as you feel comfortable).

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope everything is okay. I will definitely pray for your family; please keep us updated (as much as you feel comfortable).

Thank you, I appreciate it greatly.

At this point, the best case scenario is that she can start chemo if her body can take it. I will update this thread later, hopefully with some better news.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
I don't pray, but I hope everything works out for the best and that she doesn't suffer, we can only hope she recovers. Use this time to reflect and spend what time you have left with your mom.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I was in almost the same situation when I was 13. My mother had it a few years prior and they thought they got it all. She never said a word to my sister or I. A few years later I found out that she had it prior and it showed up once again. I found out all of this the day of her surgery. Fast forward 14 years she is doing great.

I hope your mom does the same. Don't get all down and out yet bud. She's gonna need you, your brother and sister. Cancer CAN be beat brother. People do it all the time. And mothers ain't no joke :beer:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Lost my father to cancer when I was six..
Cancer is horrible.. I Will be keeping you in my thoughts and praying she can kick it's ass

ssssnake

Established Member
Okay Eric, prayers for your mom, you and your family..

Lord, I ask you to place a hedge of protection around this family. Give them strength, courage and faith to face this enemy. I pray that you would guide her doctors to make the right decisions for her treatment. Touch her with your healing hands and take this cancer from her. I know that you are the great physician. I ask these things in your son's precious name. Amen

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member

Lord, I ask you to place a hedge of protection around this family. Give them strength, courage and faith to face this enemy. I pray that you would guide her doctors to make the right decisions for her treatment. Touch her with your healing hands and take this cancer from her. I know that you are the great physician. I ask these things in your son's precious name. Amen

Thank you very very much!

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I will pray for your mom. Those are stressful times and you and your family should get together for corporate prayer. God can heal.

Zemedici

Established Member

wow. Very excellent Mary. :beer: Good luck Eric, let us know if you need anything brother.

Users who are viewing this thread