Need some advice on a 03 Cobra purchase

Marines691

Established Member
I am seriously considering buying this 03 cobra with 5k miles. Is there anyone who can give me advice on whether they think this is a purchase worth picking up? I have owned a 94 cobra, an 04 GT, 2011 GT, and a 1964 1/2 mustang. But I have never really dove into the terminator world aside from growing up watching the videos. It has had some serious work done to it, and seems to be in great condition. But I just want to understand things I should look out for, or if I should avoid this purchase all together? Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

MG0h3

Established Member
Hmmm interesting.

Usually don’t see super low mile cars modded like this.

I mean the prices on a 5k mile car are around here, just not sure how the mods would effect that.

Want to hear some others chime in.

You always want to have an inspection done and include a compression check.

You did catch that it’s got a straight axle in it right? No IRS.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
$44K is hard to swallow but, personally, if this was the car I was looking for I would buy it. Low miles, good standard mods, there is a lot to like. The price is what would hold me up but the market is crazy and it has low miles…

ITSTOCK

Established Member
They are asking a 100% stock price for a car that is anything but stock. That puts that car in the low to mid $30's unfortunately, and if you're looking for a driver, there are better cars for the price. If you're looking for a high performance car, there are definitely better cars for the price.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The price is definitely high but the car does look very well maintained.

Where we are in time with these cars, it’s really what you’re willing to pay.

Marines691

Established Member
$44K is hard to swallow but, personally, if this was the car I was looking for I would buy it. Low miles, good standard mods, there is a lot to like. The price is what would hold me up but the market is crazy and it has low miles…
I want a kenne bell. Just not sure on the other stuff. They aren't willing to negotiate at all. Just get a feeling I'd enjoy it for what it is. Everyone says avoid it though, and yall certainly know better than I.

MG0h3

Established Member
If you plan on doing any of these mods, you’re basically getting them for free.

A 5k mile bone stock DSG is a mid 40s car right now.

Just have to decide if that’s stuff you’d do or if you want a purely stock car.

Then there’s the resale. Are there others that would pay a premium for a low miler but one that has mods? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Marines691

Established Member
The price is definitely high but the car does look very well maintained.

Where we are in time with these cars, it’s really what you’re willing to pay.
Well honesty I'm at a point where money isn't my biggest concern. It's whether I am getting something that will explode or not. I do 100% want a kenne bell. So that's why I was attracted to this off the bat.

PC03GT

Established Member
I want a kenne bell. Just not sure on the other stuff. They aren't willing to negotiate at all. Just get a feeling I'd enjoy it for what it is. Everyone says avoid it though, and yall certainly know better than I.
I'd go look at it and beat them up on the price

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Well honesty I'm at a point where money isn't my biggest concern. It's whether I am getting something that will explode or not. I do 100% want a kenne bell. So that's why I was attracted to this off the bat.
That car isn’t going to explode. Just have it retuned for piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread