Need some advice

torched08

Established Member
I found a 04 cobra at a lot I'm thinking about trading my 08 GT in on and there wanting about 5 grand on top of my car, the only thing is I don't want to have to save money forever just to mod the car, should I trade and leave it stock for a while until I get some money built back up or wait til my car sales and buy a car already modded?

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
IMHO
If you can sell your car on the market and wait for a tastefully modded Cobra, thats what I would do.

torched08

Established Member
My cars just a premium gt with reg bolt one like wheels, exhaust, intake and nitrous and 22000 miles. The cobra is a 04 silver bone stock one owner with a little under 7000 miles

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Sounds nice! What are the dollars and cents though. What is the dealer asking for the cobra.

In my opinion, A stock 03-04 cobra is way more fun to drive. It is also way more cool... It has a better chance of geting you liad too!! ;)

My cars just a premium gt with reg bolt one like wheels, exhaust, intake and nitrous and 22000 miles. The cobra is a 04 silver bone stock one owner with a little under 7000 miles

torched08

Established Member
They offered me 17900 for trade In and there wanting 21800. So tax and all I'm looking around 4500 on top of my car

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Boy that doesn't to bad. I would have to probably move on that!! Keep us posted.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I sent ya a pm, I think I know the car you're referring to and just thought I would share some info on the car with you.

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I just got an email from the dealer that someone put down a deposit and agreed to terms on the Cobra.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
buy it. mod it later. theres more satisfaction in doing that i think. Enjoy the power it makes stock, you will be impressed. Then you can gradually add power as you please.

ShelbyJK500

Established Member
I had a shot at the stock silver one he's talking about. Saw it as soon as it was listed. I had the chance to put a deposit on it but decided to pass. Based on the pics I was given, I saw some heavy rust on bolt/springs/etc in the engine bay. Yeah, <7k miles on a Terminator is AWESOME...it just seemed like it may not have been garaged and possibly saw some years sitting outside. I will admit, good price on it!

torched08

Established Member
buy it. mod it later. theres more satisfaction in doing that i think. Enjoy the power it makes stock, you will be impressed. Then you can gradually add power as you please.

After thinking on it that was going to be my intentions but around 3 I got email that said the car had been sold

torched08

Established Member
I had a shot at the stock silver one he's talking about. Saw it as soon as it was listed. I had the chance to put a deposit on it but decided to pass. Based on the pics I was given, I saw some heavy rust on bolt/springs/etc in the engine bay. Yeah, <7k miles on a Terminator is AWESOME...it just seemed like it may not have been garaged and possibly saw some years sitting outside. I will admit, good price on it!

The car needed somebody that knew how to clean and detail a car. The inside was perfect though except for the ebrake boot. The engine just needed to be cleaned and have a new belt put on it

kleistang

Established Member
wait, sell your car make the most money out of it then buy a cobra that has the right mods.

i bought a heavily modded cobra for the same price you are buying that one mine only has 23k miles on it

97StangSVT

Established Member

They sent me a picture of the engine bay and it looked pretty good to me. Can you elaborate on where you saw the rust??

97StangSVT

Established Member
The car needed somebody that knew how to clean and detail a car. The inside was perfect though except for the ebrake boot. The engine just needed to be cleaned and have a new belt put on it

What is wrong with the ebrake boot? The picture I saw had the ebrake pulled up, but I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Is the belt bad on it? I didn't notice it in any of the pictures.

torched08

Established Member
What is wrong with the ebrake boot? The picture I saw had the ebrake pulled up, but I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Is the belt bad on it? I didn't notice it in any of the pictures.

The bottom of the ebrake boot is tearing and the belt just squeaks probably from not being drove much

Users who are viewing this thread