Need some feedback, going for 9s eaton only

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Update:

I came into possession of a custom caged 4 lb lower. So im going to run a 2.76 upper with a 4 lb lower. I also got a new AFCO pro series double pass h/e. I plan to pick up a 20 GPM intercooler pump with EVANS NPGR Waterless coolant running thru it.

The heads are on their way back so I almost have all the pieces to the puzzle. Wont be too much longer now. :banana:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Your better off with just water and Watter Wetter than the Evans stuff, especially if you plan on icing it.

Im gonna see how it does with no ice first. The Evans worked very well in my current setup. I was able to hot lap the car at the track and not lose ET or trap speed.

However, I know its gonna be a completely different animal this time, but I want to see how it does.

mustang john

Established Member
Im gonna see how it does with no ice first. The Evans worked very well in my current setup. I was able to hot lap the car at the track and not lose ET or trap speed.

However, I know its gonna be a completely different animal this time, but I want to see how it does.

There is no way that any coolant no matter how ever bad ass it is that could match the effects of an ice down that will give you near freezing intercooler fluid. Just sayin.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
There is no way that any coolant no matter how ever bad ass it is that could match the effects of an ice down that will give you near freezing intercooler fluid. Just sayin.

Hahaha, I know. Its more about the convenience. Im not saying it will be as effective. Im saying that if its sufficient then Im not gonna run ice.

mustang john

Established Member
If your going for 9s Eaton only your gonna need every edge you can get and sufficient isnt going to get you there. lol

A good ice down on my ported eaton car was good for over a tenth and almost 2 mph over just ambient IC fluid.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Are you going to datalog the car on the track to monitor everything? Watching and keeping the heaton cool is gonna be very important.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Duly noted. I started looking up some intercooler setups and researching it. Seems to be a lot I can do to get temps down. I knew heat was the enemy of power but didnt know how much was really involved haha.

LT1Squirrel

Established Member
I dont know about your track, but at atco you can run open hood, and that def kept my IAT/2's down and blower cooler on my non-intercooled/non-meth/no-ice supercharged 3800 car

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I dont know about your track, but at atco you can run open hood, and that def kept my IAT/2's down and blower cooler on my non-intercooled/non-meth/no-ice supercharged 3800 car

Dunno.......all I do know is that i live by the slowest 1/4 mile track in the country lol

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Dunno.......all I do know is that i live by the slowest 1/4 mile track in the country lol

If you're dealin with really bad DA that's gonna make this a much tougher if not impossible feat.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
If you're dealin with really bad DA that's gonna make this a much tougher if not impossible feat.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Im not gonna hit 9s at my track. Ill be happy to get into the 10s at all. Ill be doing sea level runs as well. It would be good to see the difference too.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Hey what kind of alternator pulley should I run with a 2.76 upper and 4 lb lower? I have a 3.5 alternator pulley. Will that work well or should I go with a 3.2?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Question: I found a Jabsco Intercooler pump that Tim Skelton uses on his lightning. Came highly recommended by him. Its a 30 GPM pump and its got a nice design. I can actually get one cheaper than a Meziere 20 GPM intercooler pump.

Ive read that it is not a self priming pump tho, but these were for use in other applications, not as an intercooler pump. Is that something I need to worry about or should it work fine on our cars?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Actually, nevermind. I found several good tests showing the Jabscos performance and it is outstanding with no self priming issues. Ordered one and now I just need to get the correct fittings :)

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Should I keep using the Evans NPGR coolant in the intercooler setup or just go with a 60% distilled water, 40% Ford Gold coolant mix like im going to use for the motor? Temps never get below 0 degrees here. Once in a blue moon they have hit single digits so I think a 60% water mix and 40% coolant mix is sufficient here.

Users who are viewing this thread