Need some feedback, going for 9s eaton only

mustang john

Established Member
Should I keep using the Evans NPGR coolant in the intercooler setup or just go with a 60% distilled water, 40% Ford Gold coolant mix like im going to use for the motor? Temps never get below 0 degrees here. Once in a blue moon they have hit single digits so I think a 60% water mix and 40% coolant mix is sufficient here.

100% water and a bottle of Water Wetter for corrosion protection. If your going to ice it you will be diluteing the coolant constanly so dont even mess with it. Just add some when the near freezing temps come around and your good to go.

An average trip to the track with proper icing i would blow thru 30-40 pounds of ice in an evening.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
I would use about 10 pounds of bagged ice adding and draining till the IC fluid was very cold and the ice stopped melting so fast then i would have some large chunks of ice that i would add 7-9 of to my reservoir right before heading to the staging lanes.

The large chunks were made by filling small plastic cups up with water just large enough so the ice chunk would fit in the mouth of my Canton reservoir. I would freeze up 30-40 of these the night before i hit the track and then pack them in an ice chest. Pop them out of the plastic cups and add them to the reservoir after icing it down with bagged ice. This strategy worked best because after the pass i would still have tiny ice cubes left from the large chunks and the fluid would still be cool. These Eatons make ALOT of heat!! lol

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Whats the advantages of running ice vs a killer chiller? Besides ice being cheaper of course......Id almost rather just get a killer chiller.

mustang john

Established Member
Whats the advantages of running ice vs a killer chiller? Besides ice being cheaper of course......Id almost rather just get a killer chiller.

Funny you should ask... the benefits are the same either way BUT icing takes up alot of time to do it right and i just switched to a Killer Chiller drag kit mainly due to to being tired of the icing rituals lol. The down side of the Killer Chiller compared to icing is cost and only cost, the drag kit is on GP here right now for $850 shipped and it takes ALOT of buying ice to add up to that!

My KC can produce IC fluid that is near freezing in just a few minutes of idle time!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../927477-killer-chiller-gen-iii-group-buy.html

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Funny you should ask... the benefits are the same either way BUT icing takes up alot of time to do it right and i just switched to a Killer Chiller drag kit mainly due to to being tired of the icing rituals lol. The down side of the Killer Chiller compared to icing is cost and only cost, the drag kit is on GP here right now for $850 shipped and it takes ALOT of buying ice to add up to that!

My KC can produce IC fluid that is near freezing in just a few minutes of idle time!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../927477-killer-chiller-gen-iii-group-buy.html

I think that cost is worth the convenience hahaha. Ill probly pick one up. I dont need it right now. I think my cooling will be sufficient for the time being. My rear is still stock so I really cant beat on it enough to warrant the extra cooling. Its idle launches on street tires till I can build the rear and I dont hot lap it.

Users who are viewing this thread