Netflix via PS3

scottminot

Established Member
Subscribed to Netflix at the end of January while I was on disability recovering from surgery.
The first month was a freebie and during that time I watched maybe 20 or so movies but over all the selection of streaming movies via PS3 sucks.
It's now March and I'm paying for my subscription and the selection is still the same.
Does Netflix ever offer new streaming content? I think their selection sucks so far.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Subscribed to Netflix at the end of January while I was on disability recovering from surgery.
The first month was a freebie and during that time I watched maybe 20 or so movies but over all the selection of streaming movies via PS3 sucks.
It's now March and I'm paying for my subscription and the selection is still the same.
Does Netflix ever offer new streaming content? I think their selection sucks so far.

If you have an android phone, download flicks watcher and it will keep you updated on new netflix stream movies

wjk

Established Member
I have Netflix just on a PC and the selection sucks.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
They wont have any newly released movies until quite a bit after they are released on DVD.

I've just adapted to watching all sorts of shows that I wouldnt watch before, just discovered mystery science theater 3000 is on there!

And Rampage is a must-watch movie.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Best thing about it is the TV seasons. Some of the movies are ok. I used Zune on my 360 more than I did netflix on RnR...it just cost me alot more money lol.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I LOVE netflix, and yes the best part is the tv seasons, the movie selection is meh at best but its still AWESOME. I have watched every episode and movie of futurama in the last 2 months, lol

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Are you searching or just looking at the 85 or whatever movies the show you for browsing? I used to watch netfix through the PS3 but now I have the pc hooked up to the TV.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Netflix streaming selection on Wii, PS3, XBOX, PC, TV is all the same. I use all 5. As others have said, TV series selections are really good, movies are terrible. Think of the movie selection as all the discounted movies you would find for sale at a store. Most never even made it to theaters. Updates are very infrequent. I just do the $7.99/month deal so I can have one DVD out while I can still stream constantly.

ZFan88

Established Member
Well there are 1000s of movies to browse. Most of the watch instantly ones sucks, but like already mentioned, there are a lot of good tv shows. It's easier to browse on the computer though. I always do that, add movies to my instant queue, then just pull them up on on of the systems. I also watch 1 or 2 bluerays that come in the mail per week, so Netflix is definitely worth it. Browsing on the systems sucks though.

scottminot

Established Member
I do agree on the TV episode selection, it's not bad. I just don't understand why they don't stream all of their movies.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I do agree on the TV episode selection, it's not bad. I just don't understand why they don't stream all of their movies.

I think it has to do with licensing. We stream a buttload of shows for my daughter and have noticed Disney movies are not available.

XtraTQ

Established Member
The movie selection for instant viewing is weak. Just recently canceled our membership after watching all the TV episodes we wanted to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread