New 03 MG Vert

Kask65

Established Member
Hey guys my dad just picked up an 03 convertible in mineral grey with 22k miles in MINT condition. It's got a jlt intake, slp catted x and LM1 catback. What do you guys think it puts down with just those mods and no tune?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Probably between 400-410 rwhp

That would be my guess as well.

Congratulations on getting your '03 covertible. Add a smaller upper (2.93, 2.80) with a tune and you'll feel like you're driving a different car. Problem is, you'll likely be addicted to the hunger for more power, since there are so many options. Enjoy your Cobra! :beer:

ajt9229

Established Member
That would be my guess as well.

Congratulations on getting your '03 covertible. Add a smaller upper (2.93, 2.80) with a tune and you'll feel like you're driving a different car. Problem is, you'll likely be addicted to the hunger for more power, since there are so many options. Enjoy your Cobra! :beer:

Yes that's what I originally started with and added the Springs, bushings and pulley feels like a different car. I need a real tune and probably could get a little more out of it. Bob is right its a sickness!!!!!!lol Im so back in forth with ported corn or TVS!!!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You said you're going back and forth between corn or TVS. Do both! :)

TimsPony (a member here) has an awesome TVS equipped 2003 DSG Cobra, and it's corn fed. He just installed Bassani headers and made 700rwhp! He online here frequently. You might want to connect with him for more info on his setup.

Here's a link to Tim's thread discussing his dyno results after the Bassani header install.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...27-fresh-off-dyno-my-bassani-headers-tvs.html

Users who are viewing this thread