New 2009 KR best price ?

RSH427R

Established Member
make sure you get the $7500 rebate Ford is giving the dealers on the 09Kr's, they still have room to play

I will ask that ? tomorrow. My guess is they have already counted that in the $60,000 number. At $50,000 it will be mine.

SpectorV

Established Member
I would personally get a 2011.... for the money you get a much better car... 60k for a gt500 ... thats had no where near the changes to justify that markup... i would pass on the kr.... I mean imagine if you were to mess up the hood :) they are 20k each (or were)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would personally get a 2011.... for the money you get a much better car... 60k for a gt500 ... thats had no where near the changes to justify that markup... i would pass on the kr.... I mean imagine if you were to mess up the hood :) they are 20k each (or were)

yes your right about a better car, but the KR has very low numbers an parts on it that cant be replaced. if its a car you plan to keep for a very very long time the KR Value is better. as for performance the 2011 will be better from the start. just really depends what you want the car for. if i could of got a KR for 50k i would have jumped all over it before i got my GT500.

RSH427R

Established Member
yes your right about a better car, but the KR has very low numbers an parts on it that cant be replaced. if its a car you plan to keep for a very very long time the KR Value is better. as for performance the 2011 will be better from the start. just really depends what you want the car for. if i could of got a KR for 50k i would have jumped all over it before i got my GT500.

Exactly and I would buy it as a collector and keep the 08 for fun. If they make 20 bazillion KR's then :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Exactly and I would buy it as a collector and keep the 08 for fun. If they make 20 bazillion KR's then :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

i say if it gets to the price your willing to pay get it. an dont look back

Captain Beyond

Established Member
there are 2 in Fort Wayne, Indiana at the Ford dealer for $50-55k they are brand new 09's they got back in feburary still in the showroom collecting dust, but why not a 2010 GT500 for $46-48k and it's superior in every way ?

Exactly how is a '10 GT500 superior in every way to an '09 KR? :shrug:

cbr1000

Established Member
Black on black KR's are breathtaking. The style of the hood, the stance, polished wheels, and larger emblems with SHELBY across the hood, very distinct sound.... I personally prefer the newer body style, but the KR has a look that looks as kick ass now as it will 20 years from now. Buy it, store it, sell it 20 years from now for 2-3X what you will pay.

RSH427R

Established Member
make sure you get the $7500 rebate Ford is giving the dealers on the 09Kr's, they still have room to play

They weren't aware of a $7500 rebate, and it's actually not a rebate. It's some kinda marketing program for the dealer. If they sell it they get $7500 regardless of the price. I am working on them for a 50K deal, he gets a write-off and $7500 from Ford.

65SC

Established Member
They weren't aware of a $7500 rebate, and it's actually not a rebate. It's some kinda marketing program for the dealer. If they sell it they get $7500 regardless of the price. I am working on them for a 50K deal, he gets a write-off and $7500 from Ford.

contact Don, tell him GT500-07 sent you, KR's $50-$59K
[email protected]

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Exactly how is a '10 GT500 superior in every way to an '09 KR? :shrug:

its not actually superior its more on par with.

the interior is better in the 10.
the price is still much better per performance in the 10.
the 10 has the same weight and power as the kr.
the kr has stickier tires which helps handling/acceleration numbers but the ride is very much the same. which is better than the 07-09 gt500 ride.

so what will it be, 2010 or the kr at 5k to 10k more?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

isnt that a definition of a rebate? when a dealer sells the car they get a check for xxx amount from the manufacturer. thats called a rebate regardless if they choose to market that rebate to the buyer or potential buyer.

and i would bet they knew about the rebate and were hoping you would not find out about it when they offered 25k with your trade. there are many sales incitives for dealers that never see the light of day. this dealer was hoping this was one of them.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
its not actually superior its more on par with.

the interior is better in the 10.
the price is still much better per performance in the 10.
the 10 has the same weight and power as the kr.
the kr has stickier tires which helps handling/acceleration numbers but the ride is very much the same. which is better than the 07-09 gt500 ride.

so what will it be, 2010 or the kr at 5k to 10k more?

I agree that a '10 GT500 is more on par (performance wise) to a KR, but certainly not superior, as I have driven them both.
I also agree with the other things you said, but I would still rather have a KR. It is just a sexier and more exclusive machine. Don't get me wrong, I like the '10. I just don't like that ugly rear. :bored: WTF was Ford thinking? :??:

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
rebate?

When did this $7500 rebate begin? :shrug: I just found out about it earlier this week. I have been looking at KRs for a few weeks now, as the prices continue to drop. I've seen a couple here locally for $65K a couple weeks ago. When I inquired about them earlier this week, I asked them about the $7500 rebate. Of course, at first they said that they didn't know anything about it. :rolleyes: It wasn't till after they found out that I did my homework on these cars that they finally acknowledged the rebate. They then said that the rebate was already factored in the asking price. :rollseyes

RSH427R

Established Member
I offered 50K and they countered at 54K. I told them I would wait until spring and offer them 45K. We will see what happens. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread