New 3.3L Lysholm in and...

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Ok boys and girls.

I went to bed early tonight and woke up to a text just now from my tuner.

The car made 741 rwhp on 20lbs and 112 degrees in the shop. That's running the 3.75" pulley.

Going to call Vortech tomorrow and see if they have any smaller diameter uppers.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Ok boys and girls.

I went to bed early tonight and woke up to a text just now from my tuner.

The car made 741 rwhp on 20lbs and 112 degrees in the shop. That's running the 3.75" pulley.

Going to call Vortech tomorrow and see if they have any smaller diameter uppers.

Congrats!!!! That thing is going to be a beast on the street! What fuel and timing?

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Congrats!!!! That thing is going to be a beast on the street! What fuel and timing?

E85

Not sure on the timing. I wasn't there. Going to get all the data and specifics when I pick up the car this week. Really shooting for 800, so I'm going to call Vortech tomorrow and see what smaller pulley sizes they have.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
E85

Not sure on the timing. I wasn't there. Going to get all the data and specifics when I pick up the car this week. Really shooting for 800, so I'm going to call Vortech tomorrow and see what smaller pulley sizes they have.

I spoke with them yesterday, 4.25- 4.00- and 3.75 is all they have. I want more than that. I'm shooting for 23-25 psi with e85. So looks like I'll be leaving my metco lower on.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Jzfaol.jpg

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Because I'm one of those outcasts that is convinced a lower pulley will put too much stress on my crank.
You have a 700+whp car, and you're worried about "possible" added stress on the crank?? The hell?? That much power is going to put its own stresses all over the place.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
You have a 700+whp car, and you're worried about "possible" added stress on the crank?? The hell?? That much power is going to put its own stresses all over the place.

A guy I know has a Whipple 3.4 and stock heads/cams and he sheared his crank in half with a lower pulley. Put a stock lower back on and has had zero problems since. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread