NEW Best for my Auto NA GT on Corn..

nicostang

Established Member
Once again contrats and Thanks for answering. Since you're gonig thru the traps at over 7500rpm, are you switching gears again when you do cams? if you do, are you moving down to a 3.15 to keep it in 3rd or are you going to 3.55/3.73/3.90/4.10 and let it shift to 4th?

nordy racer

Established Member
Once again contrats and Thanks for answering. Since you're gonig thru the traps at over 7500rpm, are you switching gears again when you do cams? if you do, are you moving down to a 3.15 to keep it in 3rd or are you going to 3.55/3.73/3.90/4.10 and let it shift to 4th?

my 1-2 shift is only at 7400rpm and we are going to more that up to 7800. this should drop my trap rpm. with cams we should still be within limits, but we will cross that bridge later down the road..

nordy racer

Established Member
you know I truly don't know.. I think the CJ set up pick me about 3mph. the car was trapping mostly in the 116 to 117 range with the stocker. then we add E85 to the mix and higher RPM shifts and I got the 123 & 124mph..

nordy racer

Established Member
Congrats man...glad you got it now opposed to late in the year!!! Have any issues with skip shifting?

Posted via Topify on Android

nope the trans is shifting and staying in gear great.. we are still working on getting shift points dialed in (raised my 1-2 up another 200rpm) and locking the converter sooner in 2nd.. with this I think the car has a 10tenth and a extra 1 or 2 mph in her.. hitting up the track this Friday night with crappy temps (calling for 80 on Friday). hopefully it cools down or i'll have to wait until fall time..

gottoast

Established Member
nope the trans is shifting and staying in gear great.. we are still working on getting shift points dialed in (raised my 1-2 up another 200rpm) and locking the converter sooner in 2nd.. with this I think the car has a 10tenth and a extra 1 or 2 mph in her.. hitting up the track this Friday night with crappy temps (calling for 80 on Friday). hopefully it cools down or i'll have to wait until fall time..

That is great to hear I need to work on the shift points a bit myself as I am thinking of lowering them to see if the skip shift doesn't happen so often for me.

I bet it is a blast to run on the street!!!

Lets hope it cools off at night for you ... were stuck in a rain pattern here so there might be no test n tune before the first MOMS race for us...flying by the seat of your pants..LOL

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Nice Nordy. It's pretty neat to see how consistent the car was at that e.t. without even really trying to do so. My problem was I bought tune/exhaust/wheels/radials/CAI right when I bought my car. I got comfortable with the car and logged a lot of passes over the past few years. I made a sweet virtual logbook/ dial in spreadsheet using excel. Its a situation where the longer I stalled on upgrading the harder it became. I have never done it but I can almost show up late on saturday and go into first round without a time trial and be confident I'll be at least a little competive. Hard to give that up.

How much e.t. did you cut off going with the cobrajet setup?

nordy racer

Established Member
That is great to hear I need to work on the shift points a bit myself as I am thinking of lowering them to see if the skip shift doesn't happen so often for me.

I bet it is a blast to run on the street!!!

Lets hope it cools off at night for you ... were stuck in a rain pattern here so there might be no test n tune before the first MOMS race for us...flying by the seat of your pants..LOL

doesn't look like i'm heading to the track tonight.. started pulling off the plastic dip and its NOT so easy.. we have OC hotrod weekend coming up so that's my mine focus to get the car ready for that.

Locking in 2nd? I thought the cars ran quicker with the converter unlocked?

yup you want to get that the power down with a locked converter..

Nice Nordy. It's pretty neat to see how consistent the car was at that e.t. without even really trying to do so. My problem was I bought tune/exhaust/wheels/radials/CAI right when I bought my car. I got comfortable with the car and logged a lot of passes over the past few years. I made a sweet virtual logbook/ dial in spreadsheet using excel. Its a situation where the longer I stalled on upgrading the harder it became. I have never done it but I can almost show up late on saturday and go into first round without a time trial and be confident I'll be at least a little competive. Hard to give that up.

How much e.t. did you cut off going with the cobrajet setup?
very cool on your logbook. all my logging is made on my time slips lol.. as for picking up ET I think we picked up about 2 tenths or more out of the CJ set up.. it picked up about 30rwhp.

nice times

thanks Beef, i'm starting to be a little happy with the ET out of this N/A set up lol..

nordy racer

Established Member
old thread back to life.. got some new goodies added to the car this past week and she will have a new tune on FTW gas this Monday.. hope the weather is good Friday night at MIR :)

10694938_10154577996500463_1309891416_n_zpsf3045ae7.jpg

10438806_10154577996315463_1181357802_n_zpsc6f95459.jpg

10707895_10154578871235463_859861242_n_zpsec8d9cb9.jpg

10699179_10154578871500463_548167448_n_zpsaad5ab58.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread