New best

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
So, I made it to the track and got a new best, but i am a little disappointed. Although, of the 3 tracks near me, i did go to the slowest, I was expecting better...we had a slight head wind and decent track prep. All runs are done on a street file with 93 octane.

I don't have a vid of my fastest pass b/c nobody was around to record, but I do have a vid of the cars second fastest pass of the day with svt dubs driving it.

video of the fastest pass that was recorded, svtdubs was driving my car and i was driving his: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/618ef396-b3b6-4e8a-b2ae-987d01352718.htm

my best

backed up

This next pass would have been my fastest for sure, but right at about the 1000' mark I had to let out because the car started to sway and got super sideways and if I would have stayed in it i'd be writing about a crashed shelby. I did the calculations based on my previous runs and compared them to this 1/8th mile and it seems as though it would have been an 11.307 @ 126.21

here's the vid of this run in car. I had the camera in the flash setting on accident, so the light washes out the screen, but notice when i let out how the car was pointed.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3be3ee24-b265-4a4f-ae0d-987e00e72f31.htm

and a vid of the very next pass where I kiss the limiter in 3rd...you can see it swaying here, but i stayed in it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1fbc9444-6bb6-4fdd-9a87-987e00e8d259.htm

best on street tires

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
power mods = metco 2.6" pulley and aux idler, 3.73 gears, flowmaster axleback, jlt cai, powerhouse411 1 piece driveshaft, Jon Lund tune.

I don't understand how md03svt is trapping higher than me with the stock pulley...do the 4.10's kick the 3.73's ass that much?

Last edited:

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
power mods = metco 2.6" pulley and aux idler, flowmaster axleback, jlt cai, powerhouse411 1 piece driveshaft, Jon Lund tune.

I don't understand how md03svt is trapping higher than me with the stock pulley.
Wow i love the shelbys.. i dont know why everyone hates on them.. gt 500 > term for sure :D
yea i have no idea how he is doing it.. different elevation track maybe..

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
power mods = metco 2.6" pulley and aux idler, 3.73 gears, flowmaster axleback, jlt cai, powerhouse411 1 piece driveshaft, Jon Lund tune.

I don't understand how md03svt is trapping higher than me with the stock pulley...do the 4.10's kick the 3.73's ass that much?

Not to mention, he has a vert, so it weighs more. Keep in mind though, he is running on 28 inch tires, so that will give him a little better MPH.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
driver?:idea:

to me the challenge is not how fast a car can go, but how fast the driver can get the car to go. for drag racing is the competition between now and then. how much faster can i go this week. and with this attitude all power mods are cheating in my eyes.

dave i know your a good driver but spend some time at a test and tune with your car in current confirguration and you will see tenths drop and add mph before you know it. the best advice i can give you is get to know the car.:read:

MD03SVT

Established Member
Hey Dave I was really hoping you would do better than that with the CAI & pulley.What were the weather conditions and or DA and also what RPM are you running through the traps & what are your shift points.I am starting to wonder about the claims of 60 -70rwhp by adding the pulley & I was hoping that the CAI would be worth at least 2 tenths.As far as I can tell your best 60' is .05 less than mine but that wouldn't explain the mph only the ET.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
03yllwguy said:
So you're running the stock midpipe and headers?
yes...all I have is a flowmaster axleback, which starts from rear axle.

sambandit said:
Nice Dave, congrats! I need some help/advice on some suspension mods.... Give me a ring when you can!
I'll give you a ring in a few.

03gobluecobra said:
Not to mention, he has a vert, so it weighs more. Keep in mind though, he is running on 28 inch tires, so that will give him a little better MPH.
his 28's are definitely helping his launch, he is getting a 1.56 60' and my best is a 1.601.

ON D BIT said:
driver?:idea:

to me the challenge is not how fast a car can go, but how fast the driver can get the car to go. for drag racing is the competition between now and then. how much faster can i go this week. and with this attitude all power mods are cheating in my eyes.

dave i know your a good driver but spend some time at a test and tune with your car in current confirguration and you will see tenths drop and add mph before you know it. the best advice i can give you is get to know the car.:read:
I don't know how familiar you are with drag racing, but drivers don't affect mph much, also if you watch my in car vids you can't really shift much quicker than I can.

The only guess's i have are that he had a strong tail wind (you can see it in his vid), I had a headwind, his DA was a lot lower than mine (I looked it up) and perhaps he was letting the car cool down. I kept hot lapping mine. I made like 10 passes within an hour. And his 4.10's vs my 3.73's and 28" tires to 26" tires.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
Hey Dave I was really hoping you would do better than that with the CAI & pulley.What were the weather conditions and or DA and also what RPM are you running through the traps & what are your shift points.I am starting to wonder about the claims of 60 -70rwhp by adding the pulley & I was hoping that the CAI would be worth at least 2 tenths.As far as I can tell your best 60' is .05 less than mine but that wouldn't explain the mph only the ET.
so was I. I was expecting 10's. The da was hovering around 0 depending on the time of day. We had a slight head wind, too. I am going through the trap just over 6000rpm, I think. I dont know for sure. I am shifting at about 6200-6300 rpm. The track that I ran at, my previous best was a 11.89 @ 119 with no gears and no pulley. I went 11.59 @ 118 at a different track with the shredded belt on the stock pulley w/ cai and gears. I am going to hit up another track next week and check it out.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
GT500Convert said:
Nice track times for you both.

Dave, what made your car want to move sideways on top end? What kind of psi are you running in tires?
i have et streets on when i race which tend to sway. I had 14psi hot in them.

jleews6

Established Member
dgussin1Very impressive and with some more passes you will get it down there. I wonder what the DA was when MD03SVT Ran his car. That could a couple of mph right there.
Also you can loose some MPH with your shift into high gear. You wont lose that much ET but the MPH can suffer if you dont make the shift just right.

Either way your car runs good:rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Dave:

Nice runs! Congrats! That track looks familiar!

In the first "in car video" why does it look like you let off after shifting into fourth gear? Was that car getting loose? It looks like you had the "back light" button pushed on your camera that's why we couldn't see the track!?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dave:

Nice runs! Congrats! That track looks familiar!

In the first "in car video" why does it look like you let off after shifting into fourth gear? Was that car getting loose? It looks like you had the "back light" button pushed on your camera that's why we couldn't see the track!?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:
i had to let off...the car got really lose and was facing towards the wall...but my crazy ass got right back into the throttle. :eek: You can see right as I let off that the car was aiming towards the timing lights. Also, look at the steering wheel...i am not giving it any input, it turned on it's own.

I realized on playback that i had the camera in the wrong setting. i had it set to use the flash..oh well.

Last edited:

bunk22

Established Member
Great times! I've gotten my balls busted slightly sticking up for the GT500 over on the Vette site. I've used your times as an example, if you don't mind. Apparently, a GT500 can barely outrun a GTO and no way could one beat a C6, even with something as simple as a tune.......Car and Driver has said so. No wonder Vette guys often develop a bad name :rollseyes

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
That's cool Chris. I just read that thread...man, some of those guys are arrogant assholes. They act like they are driving f430's with those attitudes. jeez.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread