New Build 4.6L/Teksid/10.5:1/Cams/2.8 Mammoth/E85

lucheski

Established Member
Just thought I would make a thread outlining my new motor setup. Currently being built by MPR in Boynton Beach, FL. Should be done in a couple weeks

10.5:1 Diamond Flat top
Comp Custom Blower Cams 230*/232* .495 lift
Brian Tooley Valve Springs
Teksid Block
Stock Cobra Crank/Rods
2.8L Kenne Bell Mammoth
E85
05+ Revised 9 Thread Heads

Pro Motion Built T56
Fully Built IRS
Ford Racing Diff Cover
FTBR Delrin Bushing
FTBR HD Toe Link Bars
Eaton Tru-Trac
3.27 gears

Still need to sort out the fuel system..concerned about a huge return style fuel system heating up the fuel under the hot Miami sun as this car will be 99% street and cruising.

What I have now is...
Fore Hat
Fore Rails
Bosch 105lb/hr Injectors
10AN lines

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If you push that into the 800ish range, might want to add tool steel wrist pins, if not already in the build.

lucheski

Established Member
agreed.

Lucheski,
are the heads ported? will the cams be degreed in? how much boost are you planning on running?

if your going for max effort, i think the kb2.8 will hold you back.

yes, they are going to degree the cams...looking for 750 - 800rwhp...blower a mammoth not the normal 2.8....based on the data it seems capable of reaching the target...and I will be turning it up. If KB rates the blower to 30psi...I will pulley it up for "28psi" on E85 but i will probably only see 24-25psi because of the cams and exhaust...i really want to see what the blower is capable of...most all the people with mammoth kit have tuned them low boost and pump gas...

I planned on porting the heads but when I started researching it, people make great numbers on stock heads with the bigger blowers....i just don't see evidence the heads are going to make much of a difference at the power level i am going for, if you have evidence othewise please let know...next year i plan to swap to the 3.2L mammoth...even the rare 3.6L mammoth if I can find one KB breifly offered them for the terminator then stopped production

Last edited:

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
Still need to sort out the fuel system..concerned about a huge return style fuel system heating up the fuel under the hot Miami sun as this car will be 99% street and cruising.

Shoot the folks at Killer Chiller an email - [email protected] - see if they can set you up with a fuel chiller kit. I have inquired about the same concern and they told me a custom kit can be put together to address cooling the fuel.

lucheski

Established Member
Motor is finally done, there was an issue with the crankshaft..It was slightly twisted causing the back two pistons to be 20 thou in the hole.. I had to get the crank replaced. ... Shop is scheduled to drop in the motor and start putting the car back together Tuesday.

For the fuel system I just ordered the 1200hp return system from Lethalperformance, minus the hat, rails which I already have, hoping that the fittings will fit the Fore Hat and Rails I already have. I will then run two pumps, with the 2nd one coming on via hobbs switch. To control heating up the fuel I am considering doing a staggerd pump setup where 1 340lph runs all the time and a 465lph come on under boost.

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
IMG_1135_zpsnwdsm23h.jpg

IMG_1136_zps5dbmmx3v.jpg

IMG_1137_zpshebpmev1.jpg

IMG_1138_zpsazn0vyhy.jpg

IMG_1139_zps8m3khmay.jpg

IMG_1140_zpsnxf5ijrt.jpg

IMG_1141_zps7wb6lpwr.jpg

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Your build is close to mine. Which Fore rails do you have? I am having to sell my Fore rails for new Fore rails to fit under the mammoth inlet.

Awesome build though.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Sounds like a sweet build! Very curious on what you end up making. 750 would be kinda dissapointing since I'm doing that with a stock longblock lol

65fastback289

Established Member
sweet build. the compression, e85 and cams should get you easily above 800. the best part is you wont need to push as much boost either and that KB will run much cooler.

lucheski

Established Member
Your build is close to mine. Which Fore rails do you have? I am having to sell my Fore rails for new Fore rails to fit under the mammoth inlet.

Awesome build though.

They were on the car when I bought it, I believe they are the older rails from when they were still Fore Precision

Sounds like a sweet build! Very curious on what you end up making. 750 would be kinda dissapointing since I'm doing that with a stock longblock lol

The would be great I am hoping this guy will break 800. What size Upper/Lower pullies are you runniing?

sweet build. the compression, e85 and cams should get you easily above 800. the best part is you wont need to push as much boost either and that KB will run much cooler.

Thanks, That was my whole intent with this build is to control heat...

More data - Compression actually turned out to be 10.62 to 1 :)
Image%203_zpsp5faso6s.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
The would be great I am hoping this guy will break 800. What size Upper/Lower pullies are you runniing?

2lb lower with 3.4 upper. Maintains 20lbs until about 6k then goes up, spikes to 22 at 6800.

03Steve

Established Member
Looks a bit like mine.

Curious what closed spring seat pressure is, along with open seat pressure with .550 lift cams. Seems like there would be a lot of pressure on the cam caps and stress on the chains, depending on where the seat pressures fall.

I like the .003 oversized piston and matching overbore to round stuff up. Nice!

lucheski

Established Member
I've been busy working on this build I had to gather more parts, I had to change plans on the fuel pumps the AEM 320 I planed to run does not work the my version of the ForeHAT without significant modification to the hat since the AEM pump is a bit taller it would bottom out in my hat. SO I ended up getting two 465lphs. I also I ended up having to get a new clutch and flywheel insert. Another thing I did is clean up the mammoth intake there is a thread here where one of the Gt500 guys tested it back to back picked up over 60Hp/tq doing it. I also sold the twin 75mm Throttle body and got the Big 2150CFM 168MM SingleBlade...Kenne Bell claims 40-50HP gain over the twin 75mm at higher boost levels, I will be happy if it does 20hp.

20160701_143349_zps7hu1w9mq.jpg

20160701_143339_zpsxcdzpima.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread