New Build!

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Looks like you gonna make some good power with the mods listed... If you haven't ordered/installed the RST yet I would switch to the RXT. I melted my RST with WAY less power than your are gonna make. They say it is good for "800" HP but since are cars are so heavy they seem not to hold as much power as advertised... I had my RST for half a season and it was toast, switched to an RXT and have had it for 3 years now and still grabs like the day I put it in.

Good luck with the build!:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dang, that is an impressive list. And just in time for summer fun. I hope the build goes great for you. :)

nooner

Established Member
Looks like you gonna make some good power with the mods listed... If you haven't ordered/installed the RST yet I would switch to the RXT. I melted my RST with WAY less power than your are gonna make. They say it is good for "800" HP but since are cars are so heavy they seem not to hold as much power as advertised... I had my RST for half a season and it was toast, switched to an RXT and have had it for 3 years now and still grabs like the day I put it in.

Good luck with the build!:beer:

I agree with younggun04! My build is almost identical to yours. The RST is only good to 800 CRANK hp which is about 680 RWHP. And McLeod says it should not be used for racing. They aren't kidding. The RXT is really worth the extra bucks over the RST with the kind of power you are going to make, especially if you are going to race it even if only ocassionally.

SpeedRite

Established Member
Sadly I've already ordered all the parts. Everything is sitting at my house in my dining room waiting on my buddies garage to free up.( That guy, two post above) Guess I'll have to see how well the clutch holds for now. Plans for a Viper T-spec or magnum in future anyways.

gabe1530

Banned
i would also recommend switching to the rxt. you can send it to mcleod and they will upgrade it to an rxt - not sure how much though.
i would also get rid of those comp cam springs as they are known to cause problems.

otherwise, very nice sounding build. i cant wait to see some progress!

nooner

Established Member
i would also recommend switching to the rxt. you can send it to mcleod and they will upgrade it to an rxt - not sure how much though.
i would also get rid of those comp cam springs as they are known to cause problems.

otherwise, very nice sounding build. i cant wait to see some progress!

Upgrading to the RXT is about $500. My RST with 300 miles on it was a quick sell for $450. With our SVTPERF 5% discount at Lethal, I only lost $200 in the upgrade. To me it was worth paying $400 to upgrade to the RXT. I think you could get a little more for a new unused RST. Just my opinion. :)

Either way, you're going to have a beast! :thumbsup:

Riored95

Established Member
Subscribing to this one!! That will that will put down some awesome numbers!!! I want to step up to the 2.9 with the crusher.

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
Jeez I hope that guy isn't doing your swap. I hear he is a drunk and goes to bars on weekdays. Also I think he farts in his customers seats

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
head has already been changed. 7&8 are safe. cooling mod too. heads are coming off for studs and inspection. if the valves are trashed ill just not put them back in. the head flows better that way:rolling:

SpeedRite

Established Member
Lethal was kind enough to take back the RST as credit toward for an RXT. Very kind since I did just spend near $8k ordering parts.:rockon:Y'all talked me into it. should be here this week.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Lethal was kind enough to take back the RST as credit toward for an RXT. Very kind since I did just spend near $8k ordering parts.:rockon:Y'all talked me into it. should be here this week.

Smart move! The RST wouldn't have had a chance.

nooner

Established Member

Smart move, that's the cheapest way to upgrade. ...and the extra cost for the RXT over the RST is well worth it for the power level you're going to be at. You'll love that clutch. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread